Add holes to you metal handled knives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
uncleknife

Add holes to you metal handled knives

Post by uncleknife »

How about adding holes to your metal handled knives,they will loose weight, have a positive grip & looks cool.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Uncleknife. Welcome tot he Spyderco forum.

Thanx for the input. It has been suggested. Although just adding holes has it's own set of problems. We're considering a number of ways to lighten stainless as a handled material for the upcoming ATR.

sal
yog

Post by yog »

Not too light Sal. The solid feal is part of their charm.

BTW
What's the ATR ?
Brian Traub

Post by Brian Traub »

The drying vent on my SS Harpy does help regarding grip, and I suppose to a smaller extent to weight. I found that by adding "texturing" to the smooth surface of the stainless, the knife "sticks" in my grasp during manipulation. I accomplished this by adding divots with a pin-punch side by side until the areas I was concerned with appear stippled.

The road doesn't belong to the guy with the fastest vehicle, it belongs to the guy in the '67 pickup who just pulled into your path!
haji

Post by haji »

I've been toying with ideas for stippling, checkering, and various methods of making my knives more sticky. I think the one with the most promise, as a handle treatment, is the use of milled grooves in a variety of patterns. Alan Elishewitz does this sort of thing on a lot of his pieces, and they have a really "sticky" feel. They stay in your hand without shifting around, but don't impede carrying and use. Perhaps an Elishewitz/Spyderco collaboration needs to happen...

Its all fun and games til somebody loses an eye, then its fun annd games you can't see.
Paul Work

Post by Paul Work »

I think a pattern of holes unique to Spyderco would be a good idea. Round holes, of course.

Paul
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

9-18-01

It sounds like what we need is a Sypderco-Tom Mayo collaboration.

Bruceter