Lefties Check In!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Lost Jaguar

Lefties Check In!

Post by Lost Jaguar »

Hey guys--how about all you sinister southpaws sign in here. The list starts with me. I'm largely ambidextrous, but I favor my left hand.

My collection of dedicated left-handed Spydercos includes a PE Worker, a G-2 PE Police with lanyard hole, and both SE and PE CF Police(s).

Anyone else?
Prepare for Anything, Expect Nothing
Tank

Post by Tank »

I too am southpaw. I tend to only purchase only those that are left or ambi.
The models I wish/hope they make available would be Kopa, Para mili, dragonfly and I always wished there would of been a lefty Dyad but at least there are alot of good/great models that available so I am content.
-John
raven

Post by raven »

Hey All, AMBI Here :p !!! Like LJ, I Favor My Left Big Time. The Spydies I Carry can be switched to either side. Anyone Here Like Me???..........I Get Grief from a lot of my fellow Officers/Co-Workers for being Primarily Left Handed. I Just Say They're Jeoulous. Of Course, Most of the Road Deputies Here Are Left Handed. I Have The Advantage of Being Ambidextrous, So I Get To Tease A Bit More :D :rolleyes: . My Problems is Eating Next To Someone Right Handed :rolleyes: :p .........."Elbow Wars" :D !!! Take Good Care All and As Always Be Very Safe.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Yo, another lefty right here. I have learned to draw my knife like Wild Bill Hickok drew his guns to accommodate right handed set ups.

Also, I feel the need to comment that while only about 1 of 10 people is left handed... 1 of 4 astronauts on the Apollo astronauts were southpaws. Also, lefties are twice as likely to qualify for Mensa. We rock!!

Also... more likely to be schizophrenic, more susceptible to drug and alcohol addiction, and a good 2500 of us will die this year thanks to devices designed for right handed people. So, you guys might want to watch out for that.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
afultz075

Post by afultz075 »

Leftie here. I am grateful that Spyderco is so accomodating to lefties on the vast majority of their models. And luckily most of the ones that don't have leftie friendly clips can be modded. I got STR to modify my Paramillie with a Ti deep carry southpaw clip that is vastly superior to the stock clip.

I've gotten used to being screwed over on the vast majority of products that are designed for right handed people. I either buy the leftie alternative or learn to adapt. I've gotten so used to right handed scissors over the years that using ones made for a leftie would be awkward and uncomfortable.
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

I'm a vehement lefty, I outright refuse to use my right hand :p Nobody tells right handers to use their left hand, so why should I be any different :cool:

In all honesty I do use my right hand occasionally, but about 90% of everything I do is with the left hand.
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
deeker

Post by deeker »

I am also a lefty, mostly. I swing a golf club and play hockey right-handed, throw right-handed, but shoot a basketball, write and perform fine motor skills left-handed. I swing a hammer effectively (and accurately, too) with both hands.

I think I'm just messed up. Like others, I have learned to adapt so I can use things I like instead of requiring hand-specific tools.
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

I'm a very strong lefty but do certain things righty. I'm actually closer to ambidextrous, I suppose :) Golf & Writing are done with right, though, I can write left quite easily. I do cut things with my left but use my LM WaveII right. I can saw stuff right or left. Interestingly, when I carve in my leatherwork, I cut there with my right :confused: I play pool, shoot a rifle, shoot my bow all left (actually - don't shoot rifles or bows anymore :) . Throw with my right. In my collecting, I will put up with a knife that is not ambi if I want it in my collection enough. Also, if I'm going to drop serious coin (for me, that would be $300'ish CDN Plus) on a blade, i.e. Sebbie, it better be left :)

- gord
eastr

Post by eastr »

check anther southpaw im mainly a lefty but life in the righthand world has made me ambi. If you ever want a good laugh find a store for leftys and stand and watch the righthand pepole try to open the door it gets them every time. Just got a spyderco milli the most unfortunate thing is Sal for got the leftys the knife is right hand carry only. the liner lock isn't a problem but if you put it in your pocket it comes out facing the wrong way :( great knife other than that. :spyder: rocks :cool:
was Roosevelt a lefty we seem to like his quotes??
"THE ROUGH RIDER”“FAR BETTER IT IS TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS..THAN TO TAKE RANK WITH THOSE POOR. TIMID SPIRITS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.” THEODORE ROOSEVELT 1899
spyderco making mans oldest tool mans most advanced tool:spyder:
THE GREATSET POWER IS OFTEN SIMPLE PATIENECE
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
catamount

Post by catamount »

Another lefty here. All of my :spyder: s so far are mid/front locks. The way they set up compression locks also works for me, though.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'm somewhat ambidexterous. I can do most things with either hand, but do some better right handed, and some, including opening pocket knives, better left handed. For that reason, I stick to knives that I consider lefty-friendly as "users", although I do collect some models that are not. I don't generally care whether the clip is reversible, as long as it can be removed without disfiguring the knife.

I do own some LH models including SE and PE Mariners, a CE Hunter, and PE CF Delica, Police, and Civilians, but rarely carry any of them. I stick with frontlocks for EDC, because the are both lefty friendly and easy for someone with arthritis to operate. My most carried knives are the Kiwi, Jester, PE Stretch, Schempp Persian, and lately the Lava. The others I carry are a customized PE Atlantic Salt, a PE FRN Calypso Jr., and a PE FRN Native.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Also... more likely to be schizophrenic, more susceptible to drug and alcohol addiction, and a good 2500 of us will die this year thanks to devices designed for right handed people. So, you guys might want to watch out for that.
Lefty here who felt a lot better until I read this. :eek:
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

Jordan wrote:Also... more likely to be schizophrenic, more susceptible to drug and alcohol addiction, and a good 2500 of us will die this year thanks to devices designed for right handed people. So, you guys might want to watch out for that.
do spyderco knives count as a drug, if so that explains the number of leftys on this forum

another lefty signing in here
power is nothing without control
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Am I the only one who loves leaving left handed equipment out for right handed ppl to swear at? :cool: :D :p

Natural left, school forced me to use my right... had my left back to full use, chipped the cartiledge in my wrist.... just about back to full use, still can't write left handed again but at least I can solder with it. For some reason my station is always getting flipped around, seems the day shift can't find a lefty to sit in my spot :rolleyes: I'm fully ambidexterous, I just prefer left handed tools and setups.

Found out last week that we only have a single pair of left handed scissors on the production floor, and 4 of us on nights.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Count me in . I have very few righty knives , most ambi . If anyone is interested check search there is a thread listing in detail all dedicated lefty Spyders awhile back . Woe to me passing on a lefty Mariner !
zeus

Post by zeus »

Lefty as well.

I've adapted to my Military , Starmate and Police and all the other blades I own. The Dodo is a great knife for those of us right brainers. (the ball lock is perfect for a lefty)

I tend to carry most knives for right hand draw then transfer to my left. My Cuda Maxx is set for tip up left carry and a wave draw using my left hand ( which I will film and show soon, it is pretty impressive to see a 5.5 inch blade appear out of nowhere!)

Bought a left handed Logitech mouse but just can't get used to it after using right handed mice for the last 12 years.