Do Not Bid On This Auction!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
myatt371

Post by myatt371 »

[quote="fellyjr"]IMO there is no such thing as a silly question. We all have them once in awhile and when learning about Spyderco there will be many!! ]

Thanks fellyjr! :D

I'm sure there will be many! :)

Always seeking knowledge.
tonyfromky

Post by tonyfromky »

Anytime the bidders are kept secret, or the seller doesn't accept paypal or any other relatively-secured payment my sniffer checker goes off.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Puyallupknifegu wrote:Shipped to Nigeria, eh?

My wife used to work for FedEx and she told me about a shipping scam to Nigeria...someone would buy something from Ebay and have the seller ship the item...not sure about the rest of the details, but the seller would lose their item and it would eventually wind up in New Jersey...

So don't ship anything to anyone giving you a FedEx account on the Ivory Coast!!

This scam has been going on for the last year!

Tim :D
there was a very long post on the net, i couldnt find it :mad: though. in it someone tries to do a scam from nigeria. the guy gong to be had, turned it around and said yes he would make him a business partner, send him 100 laptops to sell there, have the guy make signs for his "company office" in nigeria...it went on for months with some really funny pics of the guy in nigeria making the "office" ready for opening. finally the guys says he will send him the laptops but it is cod for the postage. turns out to be $1200 USD. the guys shipped him an empty tower from an old computer filled with concrete. the guy had to borrow money to pay for the shipping and soon after there where emails that they where going to beat him very badly if they dont get there money back. it was nice to see the tables turned for once.
Saint-Just

Post by Saint-Just »

The guys on British blade forum are trying to help. One bid $5 500 but was outbid. I hope this is not having the opposite effect. The higher the bid, the higher ebay charges... :D
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre!
Gal. P. Bosquet, 25th Oct 1854
catamount

Post by catamount »

Saint-Just wrote:The guys on British blade forum are trying to help. One bid $5 500 but was outbid. I hope this is not having the opposite effect. The higher the bid, the higher ebay charges... :D
The winning bid was $5600. Hopefully it was somebody else doing the same thing :rolleyes:
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
Zac

Post by Zac »

I really hope the winning bidder doesn't send a money order expecting it to arrive :(
WARNING: Sanity not guaranteed.
eljay

Post by eljay »

Saint-Just wrote:The guys on British blade forum are trying to help. One bid $5 500 but was outbid. I hope this is not having the opposite effect. The higher the bid, the higher ebay charges... :D
Like he's going to pay the bill on a hijacked account.

Anyway, you just file "non paying bidder" and you get your fees back.
CWO

Post by CWO »

tonydahose wrote:there was a very long post on the net, i couldnt find it :mad: though. in it someone tries to do a scam from nigeria. the guy gong to be had, turned it around and said yes he would make him a business partner, send him 100 laptops to sell there, have the guy make signs for his "company office" in nigeria...it went on for months with some really funny pics of the guy in nigeria making the "office" ready for opening. finally the guys says he will send him the laptops but it is cod for the postage. turns out to be $1200 USD. the guys shipped him an empty tower from an old computer filled with concrete. the guy had to borrow money to pay for the shipping and soon after there where emails that they where going to beat him very badly if they dont get there money back. it was nice to see the tables turned for once.
Its known as the "Anus Laptops" scam. Hilarious reading.

clovisc

Post by clovisc »

nigeria -- home of the scammiest scams on the planet...
denn

Post by denn »

it seems all ended "well".......

keep an eye on this page for the upcoming days to check out the feedback...

<A HREF="http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... d=delabre4" TITLE="site link">feedback</A>
Attachments
auction cancelled.jpg
auction cancelled.jpg (75.41 KiB) Viewed 1192 times