Found a place with great deal on hard to finds

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eastr

Found a place with great deal on hard to finds

Post by eastr »

http://www.wildeals.com/index.php?osCsi ... d1b644fb59
He has great deal even has the lttl temp se for about 124$ and the temp for 70$ the caly3 for 83$ and much more good sellctoin of byrds as well. :spyder:
"THE ROUGH RIDER”“FAR BETTER IT IS TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS..THAN TO TAKE RANK WITH THOSE POOR. TIMID SPIRITS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.” THEODORE ROOSEVELT 1899
spyderco making mans oldest tool mans most advanced tool:spyder:
THE GREATSET POWER IS OFTEN SIMPLE PATIENECE
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

eastr wrote:http://www.wildeals.com/index.php?osCsi ... d1b644fb59
He has great deal even has the lttl temp se for about 124$ and the temp for 70$ the caly3 for 83$ and much more good sellctoin of byrds as well. :spyder:
Prices are very good. The question is "Are they reliable? Did anybody bought from them before?"
I did search on BF on Good, Bad and Ugly. I did not find anything.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

bh49 wrote:Prices are very good. The question is "Are they reliable? Did anybody bought from them before?"
I did search on BF on Good, Bad and Ugly. I did not find anything.
I bought a blue Dodo and Poliwog from them and the service, prices and shipping were top notch!! Dodo was the cheapest I've seen at $62.99 but I noticed they have gone up a little. :(
Slick

No go

Post by Slick »

I just tried to order a DLC Temperance and could not comptete the transaction. Most likely my bad. Old crappy (FREE!) computer probably to blame.

New Graham's online ordering website is also inassessable to me but the lovely Mary Beth is always a phone call away. ...And really nice.

Thumbs down on this website for me.

Paul
cz75-spydie

good to go

Post by cz75-spydie »

http://www.Wildeals.com is a great online store. Top notch service, fast shipping, and price match option.
Bought there in the past, and will keep buying there!!

Very good overall!!

CZ
eastr

Post by eastr »

THIS IS CUT FROM A EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM WILDDEALZ Also if anyone should have doubts on whether I am a legit company. A quick view for businesses at http://www.washingtonstate.gov will show that I am a registered and legitimate business owner in the state of washington.

The reason why my prices are so low is because I have been selling on ebay where it is very very competitive as far as pricing goes. I am actually attemtping to compete with ebay pricing right now. You and anyone else will notice that I am a GOLD level powerseller with a nearly impeccable feedback rating on ebay (you can actually get to my ebay store by using the ebay store link located on the left navigation bar on the homepage of my website), meaning I have been doing this for quite some time now and am attempting to move out into the outside ebay market (their fees are getting way too high, and I am finding myself having to put this extra burden on the customers pocket. I cant offer the prices I like to offer on ebay, it just isnt a feasible market anymore)

Please also remember that I do over 25,000+ dollars in sales over ebay a month and about 10,000 in sales a month on the website right now. This means that I receive about 700-800 orders a month for the knives I carry. I normally carry about 90% of my stock in my personal inventory and warehouse. The other 10% is drop shipped, meaning that the package you may receive is sent straight from my distributor and not from my business warehouse. I have to do this for a lot of the more popular knives and a lot of the hard to find knives. Popular knives are very hard to keep in stock, so instead of having them shipped to me and then over to the customer, it is a lot simpler to just have the package shipped from the distributor. What this all boils down to is, is I sometimes require a 2-6 business day handling time to get orders together. Hopefully the prices I offer can make up for this reduction in service for my customers.

Best Regards,

David Osborne
WilDealz, LLC
WilDealz Online Store
"THE ROUGH RIDER”“FAR BETTER IT IS TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS..THAN TO TAKE RANK WITH THOSE POOR. TIMID SPIRITS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.” THEODORE ROOSEVELT 1899
Ted

Post by Ted »

Eastr, Are you quoting a mail or post from the real David or are you David?
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

I agree with Ted. That is bad form. You fessed up "pretty quickly" and before someone called you on it (which they would have!)

I also find it odd you say you're in Indiana but your business is in Washington??

Feels creepy.

Ken
玉鋼
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Mr. Osborne

When you signed up here you agreed to the terms and conditions of this forum - specifically, no selling or trading.

Your first post in this thread says
eastr wrote:He has great deal...."
certainly implying that you are writing about someone other than yourself.

Your last post indicates that you are using this forum to advertise your own site
eastr wrote:Also if anyone should have doubts on whether I am a legit company. A quick view for businesses at http://www.washingtonstate.gov will show that I am a registered and legitimate business owner in the state of washington.

(snip)

Best Regards,

David Osborne
WilDealz, LLC
WilDealz Online Store
Using this forum to advertise your own business is one thing. Posting as though you are someone testifying to Wildeals great bargains when you are actually the owner is being less than forthright.
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Let's ease up on the guy and cut him some slack...while his first post was deceptive he "turned" it around pretty fast, all by himself as far as I can tell. It's not as though we haven't all "mis-stepped" at one time or another. Fair warning has been "announced", some seem to prefer to "throw stones"....let's see if he can't walk the straight line......as we look into the mirror.

-regards
CWO

Post by CWO »

eastr wrote:He has great deal even has the lttl temp se for about 124$ and the temp for 70$ the caly3 for 83$ and much more good sellctoin of byrds as well. :spyder:
The original post is intentionally deceptive and attempts to mislead readers into thinking that the post is independent and objective - which it turns out later it is NEITHER.

Later, the original poster changes from third person to first person to reveal that the original post was actually an advertisement for his own company and he is promoting his own wares under the guise of an objective third person:
eastr wrote:Also if anyone should have doubts on whether I am a legit company.
This is just plain wrong and I will not do business with someone to attempts to deceive me for their own business benefit. Period.

CWO
kgriggs8

Post by kgriggs8 »

"Using this forum to advertise your own business is one thing. Posting as though you are someone testifying to Wildeals great bargains when you are actually the owner is being less than forthright."

I have to agree. I would probably have checked out your site and if you were legit, I would have bought from you since your prices seem good but I am not sure if I can trust anything about you now. Trust is everything on the web. If you start out trying to trick us, why should he trust you? I know it is hard being a little guy and having to compeat against larger companies but tricking people doesn't help.
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Call me odd man out but I will go where I can get the best deals..........PERIOD!!
I have had a very good experience with this seller and will continue to do business with him until He proves to me that I shouldn't. I don't personally have a problem with the way He presented himself because he was quick to tell his story and not let it drag out forever. These are my personal views on this and not meant to be imposed on anyone else or cause offense! ;)
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Mr. Osborne
Wild Dealz was the company that was advertising a BG42 knife on E-bay. The trouble? Mantis knives did not produce a BG42 knife at the time. I linked you the companies website which listed the knife in question as 420HC, the steel made famous by Buck knives and explained the error.

Despite that you left the listing up and made no attempt to change it. You told me you had a paper price list that stated the knife was BG42, and the website was wrong. I gave further evidence as to why it couldn't be BG42, especially at the price listed.

I filed a complaint with e bay. Did they tell you? Despite your low prices I wouldn't do business with you if you were the last knife dealer on the net. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Since there seems to be a major difference between the OP's address and the dealers, and since I've already done more than my fair share of jumping to conclusions for the month, I'm going to "assume" for now that eastr's second post was meant to be a quote of an email or other correspondence he received from the seller. Will still continue to deal with NGK, mind you, but will refrain from grabbing my torch and pitchfork for now. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

but will refrain from grabbing my torch and pitchfork for now.
...are they for rent then ? :D
Your a good man Deacon....I can tell not just from this post from them all !

-Cheers
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Diamondback wrote:Let's ease up on the guy and cut him some slack...while his first post was deceptive he "turned" it around pretty fast, all by himself as far as I can tell.
Not quite. He posted an similar "deceptive" post a few days ago - without the followup that identified him as the "owner" of the company he was recommending.
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Not quite. He posted an similar "deceptive" post a few days ago - without the followup that identified him as the "owner" of the company he was recommending.
It appears as if I "jumped the gun" to his defense. I shall be more circumspect in the future and wait until all the facts are in. In the mean time I will ready the hot tar, and dispatch the wife to the chicken coup for feathers ! :o

-My best regards
eastr

Post by eastr »

I was quoting an email that wilddealz sent me the only reson i put that is because some pepole had questioned his bussiness i live in indiana and he is based out of washington just trying to help the guys in this fourm find good dealz not trying to start a witch hunt i found his web site buy mistake but couldn't believe the prices so i wanted to share this find not get wilddealz stung up like a crimminal he had nothing to do with this post sorry to all of you who jumped the gun but i don't sell only collect thought you would be happy to find a place with rare knifes and great prices just go to his web site and have a look his customer sevice is outstanding and so are the price please don't think he had anything to do with this post like i said just trying to help everone get hte most bang for there buck :D
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

The Deacon wrote:Since there seems to be a major difference between the OP's address and the dealers, and since I've already done more than my fair share of jumping to conclusions for the month, I'm going to "assume" for now that eastr's second post was meant to be a quote of an email or other correspondence he received from the seller. Will still continue to deal with NGK, mind you, but will refrain from grabbing my torch and pitchfork for now. :D
Paul, you are a wise, wise man and I have learned a very valuable lesson today!!