Viele?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Steelman wrote:Just an update. I just talked to the people at the knifecenter and they will not be able to fill all the orders so far. They are talking about limiting them to just one per customer even though you have placed an order for more than one. Should have an update in a couple of hours. In other words if you ordered earlier they will try to get you one. They are trying to track down additional knives.
:eek:

I sure hope my order goes through. :D

k
:spyder:
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

i just ordered one -- got the email before seeing this thread. now i'm worried they will be out of stock when it comes time to process my order.

oh well, it's a steal if it happens. i've bought stuff from them before with no problems at all -- it's a good source for knives.

if i hear anything about my ordered being cancelled due to running out of stock, i'll let you guys and gals know....

good luck! this is like the $42 temperance on sierra -- don't pass it up!
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

zenheretic wrote:Viele III? Never heard of it. In fact I'm guessing you are mistaken on the name???? :confused:
my bad. i bought a centofante III on BF. :rolleyes: well they do look a little alike. lol. if the order goes through i will have 4 new :spyder: 's in the mail. :)
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I was on line when the newsletter came out and ordered whithin one minute after opening. If I get turned down there's something wrong to say the least and they will have lost a very loyal customer. I don't even want to say how much I've spent over the last year alone there. Not to mention the times I've came to their defense online, or given their namne as a good place to order to people asking. I always thought paying a few bucks more per item was worth the service I recieved.

When I called there and normally friendly guys were talking like robots I knew there was trouble. Hopefully they were just overwhelmed by the numbers and I shouldn't try to read between the lines.......but...a "Joe, we've got you on backorder" won't cut it here. Joe L.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

The Mastiff wrote:I was on line when the newsletter came out and ordered whithin one minute after opening. If I get turned down there's something wrong to say the least and they will have lost a very loyal customer. I don't even want to say how much I've spent over the last year alone there. Not to mention the times I've came to their defense online, or given their namne as a good place to order to people asking. I always thought paying a few bucks more per item was worth the service I recieved.

When I called there and normally friendly guys were talking like robots I knew there was trouble. Hopefully they were just overwhelmed by the numbers and I shouldn't try to read between the lines.......but...a "Joe, we've got you on backorder" won't cut it here. Joe L.
i just spoke with a lady there who was very persnable. she said they will go through the orders and fill them out on a first come first serve basis. so you should get yours joe. they said they will only be giving one per person though. i think they had 30 knives and when they came in this morning their were either 60 different orders or orders for 60 knives. she didn't specify.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Thanks Tony. You're right, and good luck too. I just got ( 1300 hrs) my notice that my knife should ship today. Good luck to everybody else with orders in. Karen, I've got my fingers crossed for you, even though liner locks aren't your favorites. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
ront

Post by ront »

Bummer, I missed out on this one!! Congrats to those of you who got one. That was a great buy!!

Ron
markg

Post by markg »

I ordered one at around 6:00 pm yesterday.

I just got an e-mail telling me that mine will be shipping today.

I think I beat most of the rush! :)
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

markg wrote:I ordered one at around 6:00 pm yesterday.

I just got an e-mail telling me that mine will be shipping today.

I think I beat most of the rush! :)
i hate to be (or may be) the bearer of bad news but i didn't order till early this morning and i also got that email. first one to confirm the order, second on shipping. did you get a third email or just the 2?
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

I just got the out-of-stock e-mail, so I missed this one. Congrats to those who got in on this, great knife at an even better price. :)
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i just called and i am S O L. oh well. somedays you are the windshield and some days you're the bug. hope you get yours joe.
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

tonydahose wrote:i hate to be (or may be) the bearer of bad news but i didn't order till early this morning and i also got that email. first one to confirm the order, second on shipping. did you get a third email or just the 2?
Never mind, must type faster........

Tony, you may still be in the boat, all I got was the automatic order confirmation and the e-mail saying I missed it. I also placed my order this morning.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
OuchThatsSharp

Post by OuchThatsSharp »

I placed my order this morning and got the email that they were out of stock. I sent an email letting them know that at the time of my order their webpage indicated they were still "In Stock". In their email they stated call with help picking another item. I asked can I get another item of equal value for the $29.95? (Hey, it doesn't hurt to ask). I would think that they would have had more than 30 on hand to make that offer to begin with. After all we signed up for their newsletter, they should make good on their offer. (I'm just whining because I didn't get my order in time).

In the future, if anyone finds a smoking deal like this one again, PM ME FIRST! :)
It's better to have knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it.
[SIGPIC]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145 ... opelli.jpg[/SIGPIC]
rorschach

Post by rorschach »

Wow, this is unfortunate, as I was being a good blade-Ambassador and showed this promo to some friends at work. They ordered 6 total but all got the "not available" email even though they all completed their orders and knifecenter.com showed "in-stock."

Amazingly this is the knife I was carrying today so it was easy to "close the sale." Now I know a few people who won't be buying from Knifecenter again.

:confused:

:][:
-Rorschach :][: RHOS
OuchThatsSharp

Post by OuchThatsSharp »

I just got a response back stating that they are offering the Spyderco Delica SP11S for $19.95. Not as good a deal as the Viele II but hey, if anyone is looking for fully serrated Delica...?
OuchThatsSharp

Post by OuchThatsSharp »

knifecenter.com will not substitute any other item other than the Delica
SP11S for $19.95. They also said that they only have a "few" left.
Karen

Post by Karen »

They told me I'm not getting one.

k
Last edited by Karen on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
:spyder:
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

I also got the "Go pound salt" email. Oh well, too many knives to work through right now anyway. Probably a good thing.

Ken
玉鋼
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

ditto here. out of stock. i'm not really disappointed though, this gives me a good excuse to buy another spydie!
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

It was crazy day at work and I did not have any time to call them and now is too late. I received two e-mails so far.
Hey, will we get or not it is still OK because all of us get excited. :D :D :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian