Chinook - a breathtaking knife!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jeff/1911

Chinook - a breathtaking knife!

Post by Jeff/1911 »

Yes, I went out today and bought one. It's the combo edge, and it's fabulous.

I am astounded with the sheer beauty of this knife. The way the steel of the blade gleams, especially with a light coat of oil on it. It just looks so rich and lustrous. The G-10 handle is perfectly cut, the action tight and the heft is formidable. It makes my hefty large Wegner feel "light duty"...

This Chinook locks up with a sound like a bank vault (heard someone else use this...) and came shaving sharp out of the box. One thing I'm impressed with is that although the blade has both plain edge and serrated portions, it is double bevel sharpened along the full length of the plain edge part. This to me, is uncommon.

Somewhat surprisingly, I find this knife quite comfortable to carry in the pocket or IWB. It is quite simply, a work of art from the Golden, Colorado factory.

Good on you Spyderco!

Contentedly, Jeff/1911.
<a href="/forums/attachmentarchive/3011-7-C63GPS.jpg" target="_new">View Attachment...</a>
panguero

Post by panguero »

Jeff/1911-Congrats on a great knife. I want one of those babies. Yes, the Chinook is amazing. Get down!
Rookie

Post by Rookie »

Nice

In the land of knives, Spyderco is king.
Jeff/1911

Post by Jeff/1911 »

Fellows,

Thanks for sharing in my excitement. I sure am enjoying this "beast". I can't get over how sharp it's CPM-440V blade is fresh out of the box. My plain edged Military wasn't nearly as sharp when I got it, and I had some difficulty getting a shaving edge on it with the Sharpmaker as well.

I'm sure that's mostly just the difference between two different specimens, but it wonder if the difference between the flat ground profile and the hollow ground blade of the Chinook are significant as well, to their apparent sharpness.

Jeff.
Jeff/1911

Post by Jeff/1911 »

Here are three images I just took of the Monster.

http://ca.msnusers.com/theSpydercoianco ... PhotoID=26

Jeff.
akbell

Post by akbell »

Chinook is a super knife, defensive, offensive or just for looking at

"All war is deception" Sun Tzu
akbell

Post by akbell »

Chinook is a super knife, defensive, offensive or just for looking at

"All war is deception" Sun Tzu