Snap-it??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kbuzbee

Snap-it??

Post by kbuzbee »

I was looking over Ted's site and noticed his photo of the Snap-it (C26)

didn't match the knife I own (which I always thought was a Snap-it).

His is more of a rescue style blade where mine it curved. Otherwise they are the same. It has a rubberish(?) insert in the handle. This is a handy little knife but I always found the "snap" to be kinda in the way of the blade. Any input? Were there multiple versions of the Snap-it? Or is mine something else???

Thanks!

Ken
玉鋼
jyork

Post by jyork »

Just a different blade shape. It came in a couple different handle colors and 2 different blade shapes. A drop point and a sheepsfoot. I believe the drop came out first and the "rescue" style blade was added later.
Jyork- Collector #123
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

To expand a bit on what jyork said, the Snap-It was made in both regular (drop point blade, which you have) and EMT (sheepsfoot blade) versions. The drop point was made in both PE and SE, and each was available with either black FRN or red FRN handles. The EMT version was available in SE only but came in black FRN with a 14mm thumbhole, and orange FRN with a 15mm thumbhole. All versions had black kraton inserts. The orange EMT version had and orange hook and was an Ironstone (a retail store which Spyderco owned) exclusive. The red FRN version can be found with both red hooks and black hooks. The red with black hook version is still available from A.G. Russell.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Thanks guys. that's what I was wondering!

Ken
玉鋼
Woody

Post by Woody »

The Deacon wrote: The red with black hook version is still available from A.G. Russell.

Paul, I'm thinking it is a red hook from AG.... :rolleyes: I would never doubt you Sir. Spydie Man. :D I most honer your knowlage and respect it... I picked up a red snap-it from AG a week or two ago when I was down in Rogers Arkansas and I'm pretty sure there is a red hook on it, will have to check when I get home.....
Easer to ask for forgiveness than permission…. :p
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

The AG Russell site does show it with a red clip. It also says it's AUS8 where mine is G2.

Ken
玉鋼
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Woody wrote:Paul, I'm thinking it is a red hook from AG.... :rolleyes: I would never doubt you Sir. Spydie Man. :D I most honer your knowlage and respect it... I picked up a red snap-it from AG a week or two ago when I was down in Rogers Arkansas and I'm pretty sure there is a red hook on it, will have to check when I get home.....
You are correct Woody. My mistake, got that one backward, the red FRN with red hook are the AGR ones.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!