"Danger" for Liberal thinkers (reading this might hurt your brain)

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

"Danger" for Liberal thinkers (reading this might hurt your brain)

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

The following is a Dennis Miller take on the Mideast situaiton...

Dennis Miller is a comedian who has a show called Dennis Miller Live on HBO.

He is not Jewish.

He recently said the following about the Mideast situation:

"A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the story of the Middle East in just a few
paragraphs, which is all you really need.

Here we go:

The Palestinians want their own country.
There's just one thing about that: There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word.
Israel was called Palestine for two thousand years. Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is really a modern invention.

Before the Israelis won the land in the 1967 war, Gaza was owned by Egypt, the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were No "Palestinians."

As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the "Palestinians," weeping for their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation."

So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" anymore to describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths, until someone points out they're being taped.

Instead, let's call them what they are:" Other Arabs Who Can't Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap Themselves In The Seductive Me lodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death."

I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then: "Adjacent Jew-Haters." Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own country.

Oops, just one more thing. No, they don't. They could've had their own country any time in the last thirty years, especially two years ago at Camp David

but if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage trucks and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some way to make a living.

That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region want: Israel.
They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course -- that's where the real fun is -- but mostly they want Israel.

Why ? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel - or "The Zionist Entity" as their textbooks call it -- for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact that they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on God's Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth . . . you know that's really saying something.

It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic
about the great history and culture of the Muslim Midleast. Unless I'm missing something, the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra, and, by the way, thanks a **** of a lot for
that one.

Chew this around & spit it out: 500 million Arabs; 5 million Jews. Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a pack of matches sitting in the middle of it.
And now these same folks swear that, if Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, everyone will be pals..

Really? Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate the tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew into the sea?

Oh, that? We were just kidding.

My friend Kevin Rooney made a gorgeous point the other day: Just reverse the Numbers. Imagine 500 million Jews and 5 million Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it . Can anyone picture the Jews strapping belts of razor blades
and dynamite to themselves? Of course not.

Or marshaling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive a tiny Arab State into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the Arabs baking
their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting.

No, as you know, left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to people is debate them to death.

Mr. Bush, God bless him, is walking a tightrope. I understand that, with vital operations in Iraq and others, it's in our interest, as Americans, to try to stabilize our Arab allies as much as possible, and, after all, that can't be much harder than stabilizing a
roomful of super models who've just had their drugs taken away.

However, in any big-picture strategy, there's always a danger of losing moral weight. We've already lost some. After September 11th, our president told us and the world he was going to root out all terrorists and the countries that supported them.
Beautiful. Then the Israelis, after months and months of having the equivalent
of an Oklahoma City every week (and then every day), start to do the same thing we did, and we tell them to show restraint.

If America were being attacked with an Oklahoma City every day, we would all very shortly be screaming for the administration to just be done with it and kill everything south of the Mediterranean and east of the Jordan.

Walk in peace! Be Happy! Have a wonderful life.

Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
druid

Post by druid »

:mad: :mad: :mad: as you may now I am dyslexic and not in the habit of reading anything that long but did .it is as far as I know all absolutely true,and as far as I now absolutely misrepresented by most of the media,misunderstood ignored or dismissed by most of America.and once again I tell you the sky is falling. :p
why
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Dennis Miller is right on about this stuff.

He just has an awesome way of taking things and putting them in perspective. ;)

Great post. Thanks.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

Thanks for giving me a reason to be up this late. Good post.
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
Puyallupknifegu

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

Thanks Doc. Very interesting...love the way he put things... :D
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

I always find it rather interesting that it's the comedians who actually say what everyone is thinking :p

He's 100% right.
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

The funny thing is that if you make a habit (or accidentally step into (much like stepping into doggy doodoo)) the political forum over on Bladeforums, you will find multiple people that will attempt to debate away everything listed in Doc's post.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

That is a great post!! Thanks for sharing! I love how Dennis Miller puts thing in perspective.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
dialex

Post by dialex »

zenheretic wrote:The funny thing is that if you make a habit (or accidentally step into (much like stepping into doggy doodoo)) the political forum over on Bladeforums, you will find multiple people that will attempt to debate away everything listed in Doc's post.
What's wrong with this? It's everyone's right to like or dislike Arabs (or Jews, for that matter). And since it's a Forum, it's their right to post their oppinions as long as they are made in a civilized manner.
OTOH, thanks Doc for the quote. It was a most instructive reading. Although I was living under the impression that comediants deal with comedy :rolleyes:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

dialex wrote:What's wrong with this? It's everyone's right to like or dislike Arabs (or Jews, for that matter). And since it's a Forum, it's their right to post their oppinions as long as they are made in a civilized manner.
OTOH, thanks Doc for the quote. It was a most instructive reading. Although I was living under the impression that comediants deal with comedy :rolleyes:
He is the anti-Bill Maher. Although when Clinton was president, Dennis Miller was pretty much in his camp. He claims he had a revelation, we will see which side of the fence he will follow when the other party wins the White House.

Nothing wrong with them posting their opinions...wouldn't be much of a debate arena without it. Just funny if you believe what Dennis Miller says. Especially when it is impossible to oppose unless you support terrorists.
dialex

Post by dialex »

zenheretic wrote:...He claims he had a revelation, we will see which side of the fence he will follow when the other party wins the White House.
This sounds familiar, many of our politicians here are "hitchhikers" :mad:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

dialex wrote:This sounds familiar, many of our politicians here are "hitchhikers" :mad:
Aye, when a comedian does it, it is quaint or amusing, when a politician does it, it is no surprise but still... :mad:
lerman

Post by lerman »

being an Israeli i can say i'm taierd of trying to decide which side is right and which is wrong, i don't have any problem with this post, but i can't say i don't agree with most of it ,not ALL of the Israelis are as innocent as he described, i suffered from the "Arabs" like every one in Israel but i don't think that all of the "Arab" citizens are to blame maybe i can say that they are primitive but i don't know if that's the bast word because i'm positive thet with an other "government" they where different, the same for Israelis, if we ware under an other government i'm sure we ware thinking different for better or for worst
dialex

Post by dialex »

Very well put Lerman.
cornelis

Post by cornelis »

Very wise words Ierman.

I would ask mister Miller to explain me this:
If Israel was called Palestine for two thousand years, than the people who have lived there must be called Palestinians ( Jews or Arabs), like the people who live in America are called Americans. So the term Palestinians is by no means a modern invention imo.

btw,I dont find mister Miller a funny comedian if this is called humor.
AUDACIA MAGIA EST
argyll

Post by argyll »

Actually that wasn't written by Dennis Miller:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/overview.asp

Best regard,

Argyll
Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit -- Ovid (He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

argyll wrote:Actually that wasn't written by Dennis Miller:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/overview.asp

Best regard,

Argyll
Regardless of the source, it is very insightful. The full essay, in fact, appears to be even more so.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Thanks for sharing Doc, very smart read. :)
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

The essay tells, perhaps, as much as half a truth. Both sides of the Israeli-Arab conflict are trapped in a recurring cycle of retribution. Both sides believe they are justified.

It will take a miracle to alter this. I pray for the miracle.
EarthDog