A.T.R. Available Edges?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knifewing

A.T.R. Available Edges?

Post by Knifewing »

NGK lists CE, PE, and SE versions of the black A.T.R. The CE is out of stock and they only show a photo of what looks like the SE. Does anyone know if there actually ever was a black CE produced and what the P/SE ratio is? I'm intrigued by this model and would love to find a black one in 60/40 or 50/50, if actually available. Also, has anyone ever used the A.T.R. (I know TazKristi recently mentioned in a post that she carries a SS version)? Thanks for any help you can provide.

:confused:
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I'm sorry to tell you that the Black ATR is only available in PlainEdge or SpyderEdge.

I do carry the original SS version is SE. I'm a little biased ( :rolleyes: )when it comes to this model, and so as not to sound like a sales pitch, I'll let other members chime in on the performance of the ATR.

Here's some links provided in a recent post.

Kristi
SoCal Operator wrote:Here you go: http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.p ... ght=ATR%2A
Also, Mr. Blonde's website has a very nice review (with very nice pictures) of the Ti ATR.
http://www.spydercollector.nl/index1.ph ... ne#article

Enjoy.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Knifewing

Thanks, Kristi!

Post by Knifewing »

I appreciate such a quick reply on a Sunday morning (it's early here in L.A.)! I look forward to A.T.R. user comments from you (sales pitches are OK, especially from you) and others. :cool:
Tank

Post by Tank »

I have the SS SE version and I love it.. This thing can handle anything you through at it..(just watch the fingers ;) ) When I first saw it in the knife case I thought,, way to big... but then you hold it and it fits so nice in your hand is any grip. I also love the blade shape. It has been in my EDC rotation since I bought it. It's a little heavy to wear with shorts so it doesnt get as much pocket time during the summer but its one of my favorite knives....You will not be disappointed.

Peace
-John
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: My SE ATR is more of a 90% / 10% combo edge since the tip is plainedge beveled, not the chisel edge that's typical for serrated spyders. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
SeanH

Post by SeanH »

Knifewing,

This post comes from a Spyder Edge noob.

I had always thought that a serrated edge blade was to be used like a saw. Knives aren't saws and I never saw the use of an SE.

The black ATR SE that I was resently given has seen more and more use as I learn better ways to use the SE. The handle, as mentioned elswhere is solid and mostly comfortable. The handle is quite thin so it carries easily. The blade locks like a vault. The handle and cobra hood design assure that the blade is glued to your hand while in use.

I guess the bottom line is, if you need a cutting tool that will handle most any job and be ready for the next while it rests easy in your pocket, this one will not dissapoint.

Sean