LIFETIME Warranty from spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Adr3nalin

LIFETIME Warranty from spyderco?

Post by Adr3nalin »

i was wondering about spyderco's warranty policy because i have a liner-lock knife and when the lock craps out (wears out) on me in a couple of years time am i going to be stuck with a hunk of metal no one wants?
Tightwad

Post by Tightwad »

I'd guess after an item (knife or otherwise) is WORN OUT the manufacter would no long be liable
to warranty the product. A warranty is a promise of performance during the time the product is
being consumed (worn out). If there is no failure durng the consumption period then I'd say...
Yes, you will wind up with a worn out knife. The only free lunch I've found is at a church pot luck.
Adr3nalin

Post by Adr3nalin »

LOL, thanks
ftkinney

Post by ftkinney »

thats a good qwestion can a new liner be put back in warrantied or for a fee? or is it the blade that weres too?

FTK
sal

Post by sal »

It always depends on the knife. We try to be honest, fair and proper with our customers. W're not trying to beat anybody out of anything. If a knife can be fixed, we'll try. Often the model has been discontinued for some time and there are no parts. Sometimes the knife was badly abused, which we don't feel responsible for. It really depends on the situation and the knife. We have some basic policies, but Mike really does deal with each problem.

Keeping in mind that we have millions of knives out there, dealing with all of those customers is a job. Mike doeds a good job.

sal
ftkinney

Post by ftkinney »

sal -- thanks for the responce, i have three liner locks, a chinese folder, a wegner and the military, and really love them i would gladly pay to have a new liner put in, if and when these wears out. if the parts are still avalable, just like bushings on a drill or brakes on a car.

FTK