janich vs. keating

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Don't be wishy washy MDZ take a stand, who do you think would win? :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

SpyderMDZ - think about how you present yourself when you post. You have made numerous posts re: Knife combatives, Knife related violence, and more along those lines. Your blog and myspace site are littered with gun & knife info. You have a degree and apparently are educated, but your use (or lack of use) of grammar and ability to blaze right by the use of capitol letters, make you look less literate than the non-english speaking members of this forum.

My personal opinion is that you are just a young man who is a gun and knife enthusiast, who is looking for his place in the world. The problem is that in your rush to post things you present yourself as a young thug that seems to have a unhealthy focus on knife & firearm violence. Not flaming you or putting you down just to be a "board warrior" type. Just putting it to you straight-forward and direct. I believe that, with a bit more thought in them, you can offer some good info in your future posts.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
korbiaka

Post by korbiaka »

spydermdz wrote:never ceases to amaze me.... Worker9, you and many other morons on numerous forums, always wanna throw in their insults and negative thoughts toward a thread. if you dont like what the thread is about, instead of calling someone else a troll, STAY THE **** OUT OF IT AND DONT POST ON IT. :) is that rocket science?
If I were being bashed on numerous forums, I would be smart enough to realize that I'm the problem.
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

spydermdz wrote:never ceases to amaze me.... Worker9, you and many other morons on numerous forums, always wanna throw in their insults and negative thoughts toward a thread.
Have you ever thought that maybe there's a reason you draw this kind of fire?

spydermdz wrote:if you dont like what the thread is about, instead of calling someone else a troll, STAY THE **** OUT OF IT AND DONT POST ON IT. :) is that rocket science?
The problem is, as has been mentioned several times, it's hard to take your threads seriously when the dominant topic you choose to discuss is MBC and knife fighting. Some of your threads I found pleasant to read, some of them I question why you posted them. Whether or not you are a troll is irrelevant to me, but your obsession with knife fighting and SD and MBC and constant posting of threads about it tends to irritate some people, and than you get attacked for it.

There's more to knives than fighting. Just having an MBC rated knife does not make you a knife fighter. I used to have several Guntings, but sold them because just having the knife did not give me the talent Bram Frank has, and I didn't have the time to train properly. I have no delusions about being a great fighter, because I'm not.

Try posting something that doesn't pertain to knife fighting, and does not contain the letters MBC(in that order), and perhaps you will get a different reaction than you're currently receiving.

You've been here for around a month and a half, and you have 54 threads to your name(about one for every day you've been here). The majority of which are questions about certain knives, which is perfectly acceptable to me. The problem is, you continuously post new threads about things, when the same thread could easily be used. You have had probably 6 threads just asking about the Yojimbo. That's kind of irritating to see a similar thread pop up every week. I have little doubt you'll post a "Going to NGK to pick up my Yojimbo" thread, followed by a "Wow, got a Yojimbo" thread shortly after.

It's pointless to open a new thread for every step of the buying process. Just use the same one.

Just my thoughts on this issue...
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

spydermdz wrote:never ceases to amaze me.... Worker9, you and many other morons on numerous forums, always wanna throw in their insults and negative thoughts toward a thread. if you dont like what the thread is about, instead of calling someone else a troll, STAY THE **** OUT OF IT AND DONT POST ON IT. :) is that rocket science?
Just got a phone call from your Village, they want you back! :rolleyes:
Joe Talmadge

Post by Joe Talmadge »

smcfalls13 wrote: Michael had the best response yet, both men would walk away.
This is incorrect. I had the best response: Chuck Norris would show up and whup them both.
spydermdz

Post by spydermdz »

Halfneck wrote:SpyderMDZ - think about how you present yourself when you post. You have made numerous posts re: Knife combatives, Knife related violence, and more along those lines. Your blog and myspace site are littered with gun & knife info. You have a degree and apparently are educated, but your use (or lack of use) of grammar and ability to blaze right by the use of capitol letters, make you look less literate than the non-english speaking members of this forum.

My personal opinion is that you are just a young man who is a gun and knife enthusiast, who is looking for his place in the world. The problem is that in your rush to post things you present yourself as a young thug that seems to have a unhealthy focus on knife & firearm violence. Not flaming you or putting you down just to be a "board warrior" type. Just putting it to you straight-forward and direct. I believe that, with a bit more thought in them, you can offer some good info in your future posts.

Thanks for being professional and courteous Half.
myspace

ATC

:spyder: meshmdz :spyder:
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

spydermdz wrote:Thanks for being professional and courteous Half.
Something you could learn from. You called me a Moron the first day you showed up here and I have been called a moron several times by you since then. I finally got fed up with you. You called me a Moron for supporting the President of the United States, while our country is at war. After you posted completely inappropriate material in the Offtopic forum.

Moron? Moron? Moron? WTF? Then you want professional and courteous.

Please act right and show some respect for the other members, I could care less what you call me or think of my intellect. I probably am a Moron for just not ignoring you in the first place! :o

That is all! :D
argyll

Post by argyll »

Joe Talmadge wrote:This is incorrect. I had the best response: Chuck Norris would show up and whup them both.
You're too modest, Joe. What you actually said was hysterical:
Joe Talmadge wrote:If either Janich or Keating even dream of beating Chuck Norris, they'd better wake up and apologize.
(By the way, my money is on Keating ;) )

Best regards,

Argyll
Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit -- Ovid (He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)
Joe Talmadge

Post by Joe Talmadge »

argyll wrote:You're too modest, Joe. What you actually said was hysterical:
You're too kind. I'll be appearing here all week.

Don't forget to tip your waitress
Capt. Carl

Post by Capt. Carl »

smcfalls13 wrote:That's kind of irritating to see a similar thread pop up every week. I have little doubt you'll post a "Going to NGK to pick up my Yojimbo" thread, followed by a "Wow, got a Yojimbo" thread shortly after.

It's pointless to open a new thread for every step of the buying process. Just use the same one.

Just my thoughts on this issue...
YES! Thank you smcfalls! :)
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

spydermdz

Post by spydermdz »

WORKER#9 wrote:Something you could learn from. You called me a Moron the first day you showed up here and I have been called a moron several times by you since then. I finally got fed up with you. You called me a Moron for supporting the President of the United States, while our country is at war. After you posted completely inappropriate material in the Offtopic forum.

Moron? Moron? Moron? WTF? Then you want professional and courteous.

Please act right and show some respect for the other members, I could care less what you call me or think of my intellect. I probably am a Moron for just not ignoring you in the first place! :o

That is all! :D

#9, ignore me. and yes you are a moron. :p for not doing so... **** of it is, i am one too because i havent ignored you and keep responding to your bullshit retorts.
myspace

ATC

:spyder: meshmdz :spyder:
korbiaka

Post by korbiaka »

spydermdz wrote:#9, ignore me. and yes you are a moron. :p for not doing so... **** of it is, i am one too because i havent ignored you and keep responding to your bullshit retorts.

I find you to be a rude, demented, and foolish person. If you are able to upset the remarkably understanding folks of this forum, you need to spend more time on your people skills.