flat iron folder?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
alex_111

flat iron folder?

Post by alex_111 »

hi. i have a spyderco that i've never seen but once, and that was in the "discontinued" section of the spyderco site about a year ago. it's called the "Flat Iron Folder." does anybody have any info on this knife, when it was produced, etc?

thanks a lot for your input.

peace.

aleX.

"i flip you... i flip you for real..."
alex_111

Post by alex_111 »

back to the top! sal, please help me out here!
peace.
aleX.

sal

Post by sal »

Hi Alex. patience pleeaase. I try to get on every day, can't always.

The Flat iron folder was an older FRN Rescue handle with a special blade. The design was originally produced for a distributor and it had a different name. When the first run was almost complete, the distributor informed us that he was unable to take the order. We changed the name to Flat Iron and sold it through the outlet store. They've been gone for some time. I believe there were 500 made.

hope that helps.

sal
alex_111

Post by alex_111 »

thanks, sal. sorry to seem rude...
****. if i only knew what i had, i may not have used it so hard! oh, well. it's still a great knife and i'll continue to use it.
peace.
aleX.

ftkinney

Post by ftkinney »

the name flat iron folder is cool when i read the post i imaged a matte finnish(bead blasted) ss handle with a short thick chisle grind blade with a tanto tip, and that real heavy duty compression lock. simple and tough a "flat iron folder" maybe you could make this as the "flat iron folder II" just a thought if only someone could order 500 units?

FTK