Please pray for us...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL,

Mahalo much guys, for your thoughts and prayers.

On the local news they showed where the shooting occured, the direction in which "DACO" (Dumb A** CO) shot, and a whole mess of witnesses. Cripes, DACO shot in a direction where school kids are usually walking, towards a gas station, and "level" with vehicles crossing said intersection! :eek: Also In the local paper, there were some very tasteless pics of the inmate down on the ground, DACO standing by...they catually showed said inmate's body on the ground! I think Pat was right about this sudden OD of stoopid pills...I mean, bad enough said inmate's family/friends gotta deal with his death, but the media "adds to it" by putting a **** picture of him dead on the ground?!! I am wondering now how many inmates are gonna use this picture to justify rioting or hostage taking. :mad:

Said inmate ran to tell his pregnant girlfriend that he was gonna do some time, and because he was worried about her being pregnant and all. He was NOT a high threat inmate, simply a parol violator. Cripes...

DACO is a warden select CO in the department of, get this, Policy and Procedure!?! :eek: Yet, he discharges his weapon endangering innocent civilians. True, we are to protect the public from inmates in our care, custody, and control...however, DACO made a very bad call. PD is trying to determine State incrimination upon him for trying to be "Robocop". What an A**...he is doomed. Sad in that I know there are other CO's with the same D***A** mentality like DACO, going over to his house right now praising his actions, and saying, "they'd have done the same and that his actions were justified." PffffTtttTtttt, yeah, right. I really friggin' hate these wanna be SWAT guys...they are constantly jeapordizing us within the units, "starting fires they cannot put out." :mad:

Last night, an inmate tried starting a riot...the day of the shooting, some CO's who lived near the dead inmate's family never went home...they slept in their vehicles on facility grounds.

Thanks for listening everyone. Yes, I have a great relationship with Jesus, and I ask His forgiveness during this time as I am thinking what I can do about it, I am worrying about it, sometimes it honestly scares me...what kind of display of Faith is that, eh? :( Cripes...

God bless you all, and do be safe. Thanks again.
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
jimbo@stn24

Post by jimbo@stn24 »

Asked "Big Fella" to keep an eye out for you, all the best Chad.
WTC #1455
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Has DACO received any sort of reprimand for his actions yet? Or is someone's favorite?
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

CRYING OUT LOUD, BRO................... :eek: :mad:

I've been off line for a few days and just read through this thread! :mad: Of all the most stupid things......................... The loss of one life may unfortunately, not be the last connected with this incident. :mad: And as you well know, Cons have long memories and it takes very little to spark them....

Chad, you stay safe and put on that full armour, as always, prayers for you and yours sent.

God bless and 360 IJN,

Simon.
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

OMG!! My prayers are out to you and all there to keep you safe!!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
underaged!

Post by underaged! »

Oh my god. When I heard about the shooting, I didn't really think anything of it. But just today I remembered that you were a CO on the big island...... Just stopped by to see if everythings cool. ****, sounds like you need a vacation, a trip to Oahu may be in line.

Say safe Chad.

smcfalls13 wrote:Has DACO received any sort of reprimand for his actions yet? Or is someone's favorite?

I hear he's on paid leave.
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

underaged! wrote:I hear he's on paid leave.
:eek: ??!! :mad:

There was a good chunk of profanity in this post as well, but I thought better of it. :o

I'm in the wrong job, If I made a mistake of that magnitude, because I didn't think before I acted, I'd be standing in the unemployment line.

That's ******* ridiculous.

-Sir Winston Churchill-
The Nose

Post by The Nose »

I didn't understand all of your words, but I understood that a pray would be a good idea!
god bless you, chad, greetings and good wishes from Germany!
CU
Michael
PS. What means CO?
http://www.michael-kautz.de

"...and don't forget to laugh on the mat!"
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

Chad,
Thanks for the update. I'm glad your safe. Stay that way. Your in my prayers.
CO = Corrections Officer
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Again, mahalo everyone...

Yeah Scott, underaged is correct...DACO is on Admin. Leave w/pay until further. :mad: Unreal. If I were to give a fellow officer a threatening look, gesture, or words, I'd be suspended 30days w/o pay!?! Although, I know SOME CO's have gotten away with worse...so yes, Scott...DACO is one of the "faves"...Admin loves you if you come with strings. :mad:

I drove by the place where the shooting occured...I still cannot believe he pulled the trigger there! :eek: Also, I just found out that the inmate who was shot is the nephew of two of our officers, a "normal floor soldier" and one of our LT.'s... :( Cripes, even the postman "heard" that said inmate's family had ties with the syndicate...sheesh.

Well, I been doing way too much "what if thinking" since this incident. I gotta let the anger go. Easier said than done, but being angry about it ain't gonna do any good. Being aware, however, will. At this moment, I prefer to be aware instead of pissed. Therefore, I have given this incident and all that may come with it to God...He is my "protection"...He is my "vest"...He is my "riot gear"...i had prayed about it, but my downfall was that I been dwelling on it. Can't move forward if I keep looking backwards.

Later today, **** will indicate what is going on within the walls...hopefully an inmate will have news of what is going on outside the walls also. I just pray no innocent people get hurt because of DACO... :mad: Anyway, enough already...

My heartfelt thanks to all of you...sorry for the drama on my part. :o

God bless and be safe.

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am glad your family and you all right. Stay safe, your are in my thoughts.
R
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Sundown

Prayers enroute!

Post by Sundown »

Chad,
You, your family, your co-workers, and their families are all in my thoughts and prayers. Be safe, brother!

Best wishes,
Sundown
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!
Apeman

Post by Apeman »

Chad, your family, your co-workers, and their families are all in my prayers. John 10:28-29.

~Andrew
Phlippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

I Support Serrated Edges!!!
jbake

Post by jbake »

Stay Safe Chad.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Hey thanks again everyone...

The vibes in **** have been "weird"...I dunno...some inmates say it was the inmate's fault for running, a lot of inmates disagree with the shot to the head at 20ft. :eek: What, no foot pursuit? :eek:

20ft...cripes.

People have been driving by the facility and when they see one of us, shouts of, "One for one!!!" can be heard or, "Shoot to kill!!!"...sheesh. I heard that our facilities on Oahu had to lockdown all units the day of the shooting due to the gangs chanting, "One for one!"... :eek:

The weird thing about ****, is the "quite"...it just ain't right.

Anyway, mahalo much for all your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate them a great deal...more than you all know.

God bless :cool:

dialex

Post by dialex »

Sorry and worried to hear about the escalade of hostilities. I was hoping things will settle down little by little. Take care Chad, we need you (and folks like you).
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

DAYWALKER wrote: People have been driving by the facility and when they see one of us, shouts of, "One for one!!!" can be heard or, "Shoot to kill!!!"...sheesh. I heard that our facilities on Oahu had to lockdown all units the day of the shooting due to the gangs chanting, "One for one!"... :eek:
So give them the DACO. ;) Who better for the inmates to exact their vengeance upon than the guy responsible. Better him, than one of the good ones.

I hope the inmates think the same way... :o

-Sir Winston Churchill-
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Chad,
I continue to pray for you and your fellow CO's.

I honestly don't know what to say about these situations. I am glad that you (and others) have these forums to come and vent such frustrations. While I personally am not qualified to guide you in such matters, I think it important that we are all able to "gather in prayer" for such trying times.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
potterma

Post by potterma »

DW.... Just hope that "quiet" is not the quiet before the storm... :(

Continued prayers, Bro...
Ray.Hood

Aloha knife brother.

Post by Ray.Hood »

You are definitely in my prayers. You are a good man with a good heart.
Dude, whatever happens happens, it is up to God, not us. I wish it was that easy. If it had been a CO that got hurt, my opinions would be different though. I don't believe in one for one. The bangers need to get a life, not take one. Take care and WATCH your back bro, Ray
Ray Pettit
SGT, USA
NBC NCO