Gunting basics

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steven

Gunting basics

Post by steven »

hey, nice forum down here!

I just bought myself a Gunting. I love it! Can anyone teach me some basics on how to use it when defensing yourself? Could it be possible to mail me some pictures with that or videos? steven_beuk@hotmail.com

Any response would be nice. Thanks. Keep 'em sharp
Jody

Post by Jody »

Steven....now you are officially a Guntaholic! LOL... Why yes, there are many, around 3 or 4 Gunting Instruction videos by Bram Frank published by Video Quest productions. I will get back with you on his ##'s. 1-800-340-9664 or www.videos4selfdefense.com
The best instruction of course, would be to make it down to one of Bram's seminars. He offers several a year. I hosted one in March in Miami Beach, (which will be an annual seminar) & I will probably have him down again for a shorter one day seminar in the near future.

It depends on where you live, as to whom I could refer you for private tuition.

Jody

Keep your spirit up & your blades sharp!

Edited by - admin on 4/17/2001 3:02:20 PM
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

cross your arms horizontally then open them..OK? thats a horizontal motion..now do the closing motion and as soon as your right hand passes the left,,start a forward circling motion with the left, moving it forward and the right back & upward till it moves outward away from you..
now you have the basic motion that guides a GUNT..a GUNTING motion..horizontal to vertical....
yup this is the core motion..
its an inside arm strike, a possible outside strike..( like to an elbow!)a left forward motion checking and a vertical striking into the opponent...( like his chest or head!)
GREAT STUFF!!!!

Edited by - BRAM on 5/2/2001 8:45:02 PM