this is INSANE!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

this is INSANE!!!

Post by 224477 »

This cant be normal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPYDERCO-CALYPSO-JR ... dZViewItem

Peolpe went crazy!!!
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
BlackNinja

Post by BlackNinja »

:eek: Yeah, I saw that. I really can't believe the ZDP Caly is already demanding that kind of $$$! :eek: I knew it would gain in value, but almost triple the MSRP :eek: that's insane!
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

makes mine look like a steal at $113 shipped :)
AUXCOM

Post by AUXCOM »

something's a bit strange here - a four time e-bayer. All 4 are starwars toys, no knives at all - throwing $$ like this for a :spyder: ?? hmmm.... seller beware?? :rolleyes:
" As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

****, I bought four at $68! :eek:

Talk about crazy. :eek:
Rock
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

AUXCOM wrote:something's a bit strange here - a four time e-bayer. All 4 are starwars toys, no knives at all - throwing $$ like this for a :spyder: ?? hmmm.... seller beware?? :rolleyes:
Aloha guys!!!

Forget that! Now, uh...AUXCOM...did you say Star Wars toys?!! :o :p

Take care you guys and God bless :)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I remember seeing stuff like this when I was into collecting comics.

Prices on a certain item would soar. Then about six months to a year and a half later they went back down. It also happened with the Spyderhawk some months back. We created a hawkbill craze, and the Spyderhawk was reaching the $200 range. Then it dropped back down to it's more realistic price range. Hard to tell if that will happen with the ZDP Caly Jr. It is a one of a kind. Even newer sprint runs of the Jess Horn, and ZDP Delica may not do it. I think the only thing that might stop such action would be anotherZDP Caly Jr. run.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

I don't think it's a fluke another sold for 237 and another is at 180 with 2days left. It's just what they're selling for. The price will only continue to rise because nobody is ever going to have them in stock again. The bay is the only way these people are going to get one it seems.
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

That's just funny... ;)

But hey, if someone wants something bad enough...
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Rob

Post by Rob »

If I only had bought 5 or six of them instead of just one! If I had a couple, I would be selling them right now :D This bid is just crazy...

Cheers, Rob
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

This is the price man. Good luck finding them in a shop... I got one and I keep it too... :rolleyes:

But lts think how crazy people will get when the ZPD189 Bob Lum will be out of stock everywhere...
The social revolution is now a fact. As I've discover, I'm a proteiform. The only question that remain unclear is; Who are you?
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

One way to look at it. There are Billions of dollars in the world. Billions. So what money is worth is just money. But there are only 1200 Caly JRS ZDP in the world. Only 1200!! If you want one, you got to step up and pay. That is why in the future, I think any low production highly desirable knife will go for all the money. The price may come down a little bit in the years to come...BUT how much. 25th anniversary Delicas still hover around 450 to 500 hundred, down only a little from there peak of about 650. I think the Anniversary Delica to be the most desirable of all Spydercos due to ED's masterful damascus bolsters!
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

The prices are just silly!! I am so glad that I got my 2. I use one every day, and the other is a back up in case this one gets lost or something!! And if I was to get rid of the second one, I would be inclined to just give it away! I could NOT in good conscience sell if for those outrageous prices!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

Very noble Collector. I would enjoy one more so let me know I would appreciate your charity :p Sure the prices are high but it's just others out there with the addiction. To some two hundred dollars is alot of money but to others it's a rather inexpensive way to own something with a ZDP blade.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Just make more.
This is simple - Sal, make another production run!
Except make them slightly different, like no color on the BUG, DIFFERENT CLIP, etc.
rbarnesfxdl

Post by rbarnesfxdl »

Countryknives.com They still have some (10 or so) in stock at $125.00 they are limiting it to two per customer. :) :spyder: :) :D :spyder:

Good Hunting!
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

I would like to have one, but not at those prices. You may say, why didn't you get one when they were cheep? Well, I was in the middle of Hurricane Rita clean up and was financially strapped.
Texas guy

Post by Texas guy »

Alright call me a sellout, but if somebody offered my $250 for my extra Caly ZDP it would be sold in a second. Besides, I still have my user Caly with beadblasted clip.
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

rbarnesfxdl wrote:Countryknives.com They still have some (10 or so) in stock at $125.00 they are limiting it to two per customer. :) :spyder: :) :D :spyder:

Good Hunting!

Are you sure, those guys are notorious for listings they don't have. I have called them several times for knives listed in stock only to find out NADA :( !
rbarnesfxdl

Post by rbarnesfxdl »

WORKER#9 wrote:Are you sure, those guys are notorious for listings they don't have. I have called them several times for knives listed in stock only to find out NADA :( !

I talked to them about 20 minutes ago and they had 10-15 in stock. I ordered two last week that will be here soon.

Dan is the guy to talk to.