MBC forum here?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

MBC forum here?

Post by sal »

Bram and Gail have been discussing having a Martial Blade Craft forum here at the Spyderco site. The goal would be to have Bram Frank and Michal Janich moderate.

I'm trying to find out if there is enough interest and any other relative opinions.

Watchathink?

sal
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

It sounds like a good idea, especially since Spyderco's MBC collection will continue to expand in the future. The proper context for these tools should be maintained in an ethical, dedicated forum.
Leo Daher

Post by Leo Daher »

Yes, Sal, by all means! That'd be great!

Leo
whosyour

Post by whosyour »

Sal,
I give it a 1 1/2 thumbs up as a dedicated spyder user.Seriously,I believe that this is the sight that this type of forum will flourish on,simply because we show each other a very simple additive to character,and that is RESPECT.I like Bram and Michael's style and teachings.I believe we could avoid all the BS that has been thrown arounds on other forums.I would like to see James A. Keating on there as well.I am interested in this for the simple fact of knowledge and how these individuals can help guys like me who have been moderatly trained,but need the insight of master to propell my ability to the level I personally feel it needs to be for my safety and my family when they are out with me.I love the Gunting,and the Chinook.I carry both on a regular basis,and I'm going to need insight on the rhino horn temperance I will be purchasing in June(along with the trainer).So help me out and lets do this thing...
tique

Post by tique »

I think it would be an excellent addition.

It would probably get more people interested in MBC, and might help to expand the program. I know it might just cause my curiosity to get the best of me and try out some of those models, as well as tapes, sheaths, programs...
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

10 fingers and 11 toes up! I would love to get a chance to hear feedback about the classes. I 100% plan on attending, I just need more info. (And money!)

The forum member formerly known as cjones.
Paul Work

Post by Paul Work »

Sounds like a winner, Sal. Bring it on.

Paul
fannin

Post by fannin »

This seems a logical fit with the knives and classes currently being offered. It's a chance to expose new people to the ideas and allow those involved to expand the concepts through the best means possible. Direct contact with those teaching. I think this just continues to show the foresight and dedication of spyderco.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Sal,

I also would be interested in such a forum. It seems like a very good way to continue improving MBC education.

- Glenn
Joel McNamara

Post by Joel McNamara »

Yes, please...
sks

Post by sks »

Sal,

I will definitely stop here more often if there were an MBC forum. With Bram and Mike moderating with other guest MBC moderators like yourself, JAK and Ayoob, this will be one of the top training discussion boards on the WWW. Count me in!

Steve Shinde
toothed

Post by toothed »

I'm in.
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

Only top guy missing form it now is good ol JAK.

Seeya al l8tr

MaNcEr

It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
sks

Post by sks »

MaNcEr,

JAK has popped in to say 'Hi'.

I'm sure he'll share some insight as the forum goes on.

Steve