Shabaria Versions (WARNING: May contain EYE CANDY)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

sign of the times

Post by JD Spydo »

Manifest wrote:Sorry to dig this thread up, but I think I have a chance to buy a Shabaria for $160. The dealer says that the knife is a back lock though, so I'm wondering were there any Shabarias made with a back lock or were they all liner locks?

Also, is the price good?

Thanks!
The price is about as good as you can expect now a days. I haven't seen many of them of late. Both of mine are liner locks. I have had 4 of them all together and those other 2 were also liner locks. I have never heard of a "Lock-back Shabaria" I would really be leary about that. Unless you are dealing with someone who just doesn't know his locks. I know of 2 dealers that have Shabarias in stock. Both of them combo edged versions and both for well over $200. Good Luck
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Sounds like a good price considering you get to handle it first, one could only hope for that sort of price on ebay and you don't get the inspection prior to sale. Not to mention you live in Canada. I have heard it can be "iffy" that the knife will make it through the border inspectors.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
antichristina

Post by antichristina »

If you have the kidney i have the shabiria in plain edge. All have been made with liner locks only. If i remember some were pressed pinned together and some screwed together.
swissknife
Location: beautiful switzerland with not so ugly knive-laws anymore.. ;)

Post by swissknife »

antichristina wrote:If you have the kidney i have the shabiria in plain edge. All have been made with liner locks only. If i remember some were pressed pinned together and some screwed together.
will you take it out? :D
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: This beautiful blade seems like a prime choice for sprint run consideration. :) :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai