Doctor visit...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
AUXCOM

Post by AUXCOM »

Hey Bro,

My church has a men's group - We'll lift you and your situation up in prayer.

God Bless
" As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

I really hope you get to feelin better Chad! I know what you mean about workmans comp, everywhere I have worked the bossmen really dislike the idea of it. I guess it might eat into their bonus or whatever :rolleyes: :mad: . Prayers sent you way as always Chad, take care of your self.
Outlaw

Post by Outlaw »

DAYWALKER wrote:
Anyway, I would truly appreciate any prayers regarding this localized injury I sustained most likely by landing on the inmates chin.
Bro,
Sorry, I did not realize the extent... Prayers being sent ASAP!
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Hope your feeling better soon.I know what it is to have pain all the time.Seems like when ever the current part that is hurting me heels another starts.
BTW got the package,more on that later. ;) THANKS
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

WHOA!!!

Mahalo much to everyone who replies to this thread! I take it you all know where I have been, and just got back from early this morning, of course after pulling another darn double. :mad: I wasn't expecting all of this...I figured a few, "Oh yeah, I had one of them types of injuries before and this is what is was" sorta thing...Cripes!

I don't know what to say. :o Seriously, I send all of you a heartfelt thank you for your replies. My wife would trip out if she were awake right now...heck, I got more "take cares and get well soons" here than i did at ****! :mad: :eek: Ahhhh, but that is to be expected from my second home though. You guys are great. Thanks for everything.

STILL sore like a (add your choice of words), and I been sleeping like Vampyrewolf since it happened. I shouldn't even be here now, but I hate being away because you all know how it is...miss even a day and it's like playing catch up forever! :o

I know what i'd like to say but my mind is not really syncronized with my body at the moment. So I will just leave it at:

God bless and mahalo much to you all... ;)
Chad :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

AUXCOM wrote:Hey Bro,

My church has a men's group - We'll lift you and your situation up in prayer.

God Bless
God bless and welcome AUXCOM!

I'd appreciate that VERY much! :)

take care and enjoy your stay :cool:

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

[quote="Mr Blonde"]Sorry to hear it's become this serious Chad. Me and the Mrs. wish you a speedy recovery!

Wouter

PS like Jur said, tuck in that chin! tsssk, tssk, sloppy Chad, very sloppy ]

Hallo SkyWouter,

Hey, I DID tuck in MY chin...it was the inmate's one I landed on! :rolleyes: You'd have "liked it" too...landed in Kesagatame, choke applied! ;)

God bless and rustig aan :cool:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

greencobra wrote:CARE package on the way!
Hey GC!!!

Just KIDDING my friend! :p

God bless ;)

vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

chad wrote:sleeping like Vampyrewolf
yah... sleep... :rolleyes:

so is that the "catch 20min here and there when you find a semi-comfortable position" or the "be awake for 30hrs or so and go unconcious for about 4hrs" style of "sleeping"

:p

Should see some of the places I catch the 20min naps. Found out the benches in the hallway at school are wide enough to sleep on if I get there early enough(can get about 25min before it gets noisy). Rolling chairs in the lab/lecture room may be comfortable, but they roll if you aren't holding yourself up(don't ask, just don't ask :o :p )

Got home from the election celebrations last night, 0120hrs... was the first one in the house moving at 0600, all told I only got just shy of 4hrs of sleep(and that was with some malted grain therapy). As is typical of a cold morning knees both hurt, but the right one is locking up after standing on it last night for the victory speeches... standing for 3hrs in one spot was not fun. I'm just glad that I'm in the lab for 4hrs this morning and I'm already done the lab we've got next(worked ahead on thursday). Can wrap my knee and grab a book for the morning.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
jbake

Post by jbake »

Hey Chad,

Hope you're doing OK. Take it as easy as they will let you and get healed up.
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

Hey Daywalker, I am praying for nothing less than 100% recovery for you. I am just glad you made it out of the ironbar jungle another day. Take care of yourself! Now if I can just get a couple of those subcom's!
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Prayers sent regarding your chest pains, Chad. The other prayers are always sent.

Sorry I haven't been in OT lately.

God bless you and yours!
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

Sorry that i didnt see this sooner.
Chad,
Will be wishing you a speedy and safe recovery. Take care my friend, and keep us posted.
J
Say what you mean, Mean what you say! :spyder:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha and mahalo guys!

Well, the injury is still there and bothering me...it's not gotten any better, and has been preventing rem time. It's just the way VW described...*ugh*. However, this is to be expected. Tonight, I am going to try and sleep on the couch, this may prevent me from moving around too much, which irritates the injured area.

New prayer request please: Please pray that I don;t sneeze again until this injury heals! :D

Again, thanks everyone and God bless you all :cool:

JaM

Post by JaM »

Good luck, I wish you a speedy recovery.
JD Spydo

Overlooked maybe???

Post by JD Spydo »

Chad I am wondering if you didn't maybe tear a rib cartilage. I have heard that not only is that kind of injury slow healing but it is also very difficult to detect at times. There is a ointment that I use on my knees called "BIOFREEZE" which does my knees a great deal of good. And keep in mind I've had 4 knee operations.

Also there are 2 supplements I take which help my knees immensely: They are the Condroitan Sulfate combined with Glucosamine Sulfate. Also I take along with those a sulfur compound known as MSM. They are supposed to have cartilage building/healing properties. PM me for brand names if you are interested. Not all brands of those supplements are any good. There are a lot of counterfeits. Prayers will be coming your way my friend. JD
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
CKE

Post by CKE »

Chad, I feel terrible I missed this thread. Hope you are feeling better!! Thoughts sent bro!

Email sent as well...hang in there!

Craig
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
Gibsoniam

Post by Gibsoniam »

Hi Chad, sorry it took so long for me to get to this thread! :o

My prayers are certainly with you for a speedy recovery! And, also, that you not sneeze again until its over. I can only imagine the pain a sneeze brings to a chest injury. UGH! :eek:

If all else fails, maybe "they" can rebuild you, you know, like Steve Austin, the Bionic Man!!! :D Let's see the inmates THEN!
Mike :cool:

<><
1 Peter 3:15

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Winston Churchill

EDC
Spyderco Meerkat Sprint
HDS Systems EDC Executive 140W
Fisher Space Pen
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Now you see why I sleep as little as I do... not the best for sanity but at least you don't bottom out and crash for a day.

I've been taking glucosamine sulfate up here too. Helps my shoulders more than my knees and wrist, still get bad days with the entire body but at least my shoulders don't ache to move. Physio told me to try it when I went in with my wrist back in 04(**** that seems like so long ago). For the few bucks it's worth at least giving a shot. Might run about a buck or so a day if you buy smaller bottles, I'm working on a 250 that was $20(1000mg each).

Today was a bad day for my knee, had to wrap it before I even got out of bed, couldn't put weight on it. Just unwrapped it about 10min ago, home for the day(finals tomorrow). Probably have to wrap it again if I want to go anywhere.

Feel free to complain and vent on here, I think most of us can feel for you.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Chad, when I had a back injury I dreaded sneezing. I found that if I braced against a doorway I could prevent ar at least reduce the whiplash from the sneeze wracking though my body. Hang in there buddy. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai