DAYWALKER Design. Pictures! (Non-Spyderco)

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

Wali wrote:Congrads Chad!
I saw this on knife center's main page a little while back and thought it was a neat lil folder :D I just found out on USN that it is our very own Daywalker's design. I just ordered it from knifecenter and should have it tomorrow-they are 30 mins from the house. I would have gone down on my lunch hour ,but they don't allow walk ins any longer :( I cannot wait to check this baby out :p I will let you know when I get it.Congrads Chad! :)
Your going to love it my friend.. Although, warning.. She likes to bit. :) Or maybe it is just me. :rolleyes:

I have beat the crap out of mine on purpose and it has held it's own. I'm very impressed. Make sure to let us know your thought when you get your hands on it. :)
Rock
Wali

Daywalker hits a HOME RUN!!!!

Post by Wali »

Howdy Gang!
I just opened the box-COOL!!!!! :D I love the ergos and solid construction of this little beast. I will be putting it through its' paces and getting back to you all soon.
Great design Chad-and great execution of your design. :)
Stay Sharp,Wali
sonOraven

Post by sonOraven »

SWEEEET!!!!!!!!!!! I need to buy me one, Awesome design Daywalker!!!

GODBLESS
-Erik-
Psalm 23:4- though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Isaiah 40:31- But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as EAGLES they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Even got a picture of it in Blade "what's new" section. :cool: I need at least 2 of these.
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041

Post by 224477 »

I got one since yesterday. I guess I am the only one in my country who has it LOL!
I am really not very sure that our shops gonna carry them.
I love it. Very sheeple friendly, people smile when you show it. Good ergos, nice fit n finish. This is a knife you can carry all the time without knowing you got it. Its gonna be part of my EDC. Thanks CLB!!! ;)
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
deeker

Post by deeker »

Mine's on back order. :( Looking forward to getting it in-hand! Reading the reviews and hearing that others have what I have coming just builds the anticipation.
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

deeker wrote:Mine's on back order. :( Looking forward to getting it in-hand! Reading the reviews and hearing that others have what I have coming just builds the anticipation.
That sucks that it is on backorder, but then again.. It is a good thing. If the Subcom is on backorder, then people are buying them up. Good for our buddie Daywalker. ;)
Rock
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

deeker wrote:Cool little knife. Well done, Daywalker. I think I might have to obtain one of these!

Can someone give the dimensions of it, just to get an idea of the size. The pics beside the Cricket (I think) are helpful, but how about thickness, too.
Aloha deeker,

Cripes, sorry for missing this. Anyway, here are some measurements:

handle thickness: 7mm
Width from scale top to scale bottom, knife closed: 37.46mm
closed length: 69.14mm
opened length: 117.84mm

Again, my apologies...hope this helped. :o

God bless and mahalo ;) !
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Wali wrote:Howdy Gang!
I just opened the box-COOL!!!!! :D I love the ergos and solid construction of this little beast. I will be putting it through its' paces and getting back to you all soon.
Great design Chad-and great execution of your design. :)
Aloha Wali!

Thank you buddy. Ah, it's a good beater knife for sure! Mine has been riding shotgun to my Persian since they hit production. I'm amazed in that you were able to find one! Odd in that some places advetise them, yet don't have them in stock? :confused: :D

Now...let's all have a group prayer regarding my :spyder: Design!!! ;)

Mahalo much and God bless! :cool:

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

pjrocco wrote:Your going to love it my friend.. Although, warning.. She likes to bit. :) Or maybe it is just me. :rolleyes:

I have beat the crap out of mine on purpose and it has held it's own. I'm very impressed. Make sure to let us know your thought when you get your hands on it. :)
Aloha Rock!

:p It's just you...and Vampyrewolf. :p :rolleyes:

Thanks though, for beating the daylights outta your SF...just be nice to my :spyder: design when it's born okay? God willing, I hope it's soon that I see pics of my :spyder: wearing the "033"! ;)

God bless and take care! :cool:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

sonOraven wrote:SWEEEET!!!!!!!!!!! I need to buy me one, Awesome design Daywalker!!!

GODBLESS
-Erik-
Mahalo sonOraven,

Thanks for the kind words...Just race dad for one! However, if you lose...ya gotta shine his spokes until he can see himself in 'em! :p Kidding!

God bless and pedal hard! ;)

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

spyderknut wrote:Even got a picture of it in Blade "what's new" section. :cool: I need at least 2 of these.
Aloha myontimefriendomine!

Sorry so late. :o Yeah, fortunately I got not only a copy of the BLADE but a cool arse skull fob from JSmith as well!

Thanks for your kind words bro...however, instead of two of those, buy ONE of my :spyder: 's...er, when they come out of course. :p :D

Take care and God bless! :cool:

spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

DAYWALKER wrote:Aloha myontimefriendomine!

Sorry so late. :o Yeah, fortunately I got not only a copy of the BLADE but a cool arse skull fob from JSmith as well!

Thanks for your kind words bro...however, instead of two of those, buy ONE of my :spyder: 's...er, when they come out of course. :p :D

Take care and God bless! :cool:
Bud, I have 3 Adventuras. I can't very well buy fewer of yours. ;)
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

[quote="224477"]I got one since yesterday. I guess I am the only one in my country who has it LOL!
I am really not very sure that our shops gonna carry them.
I love it. Very sheeple friendly, people smile when you show it. Good ergos, nice fit n finish. This is a knife you can carry all the time without knowing you got it. Its gonna be part of my EDC. Thanks CLB!!! ]

Ahoj priatel,

Yep...you are the only one in "your country" that has one! ;) Mahalo for your kind words also, and I do apologize for the right hand only clip. :o

Boh ti zehnaj bro! :cool:

CopilotATS-55

Post by CopilotATS-55 »

i gotta find a dealer nearby :rolleyes:
Kyle Decker wasn't here !!! :D :eek:

"Avatar by Dialex
REMEMBER
SFC SHUGART & MSG GORDON

Im still here, just busy being a Senior!!! :D
PNXC

PN
Wrestling

Never Forget 9/11

VMI
10'+3
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

[quote="pjrocco"]That sucks that it is on backorder, but then again.. It is a good thing. If the Subcom is on backorder, then people are buying them up. Good for our buddie Daywalker. ]

Aloha Rock,

No...from what I have gathered, sometimes "backorder" simply is used to see just how many people express an interest in a knife. :( However...

I like YOUR interpretation better! :D I told The Deacon this once...it'd have been "funny" to have called Boker and said, "Hey, I just celebrated my SF by picking up a Spyderco Kiwi!...Hello?...Hello?" :p Just kidding!

God bless :cool:

jbake

Post by jbake »

Well, I'm late to the party - as usual...

It's a great little knife. It was my primary "gift opener" on Christmas morning and it got quite a workout. (Anybody else notice that they package kid's toys today like they were going to airdrop them? "Back in my day", they just tossed a bunch of stuff loose in a box.)

We remodeled our offices at work as well, and it's seen a lot of use there as we were packing / unpacking our stuff. A lot of folks borrowed it there and everyone seemed to like it. Best of all, nobody gave me those nervous looks like they do when I pull out something like a Chinook :o

Congrats again Chad.

-jb
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

Congrats Daywalker on a great functional knife. It seems as though it fits the bill of utility/self-defense/political correct knife all in one. I have to get at least two. It would be a good travel knife where strict strick knife laws are.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I really like mine.

Amazingly sharp moneyclip.

Mahalo Chad ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p