Autonomy 2 safety

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Elcapitan

Autonomy 2 safety

Post by Elcapitan »

Hello everyone!
I have an autonomy 2 lc200n that I love. I actually bought a 2nd PE satin blade because I liked this knife so much. However, i find myself carrying this one almost every day. I work for a marine towing and salvage company, so a rugged, corrosion resistant knife is a must. I've carried this almost everyday for the last 2+ years already, for anything from a standard pocket knife, a rescue tool, to being my back up and occasionally primary dive knife. It's seen an incredible amount of use. Anyways...

Now that I've given you my knifes life story... recently the safety on the knife has formed alot of play and I'm not sure what to do about it. It's to the point where I don't think it will even be functional before too long. Not sure if it's worth trying to send in to spyderco to see if they could fix it or what? Any suggestions are welcome! Pics attached

On another note, I just got a caribbean and it has the lightest detent I've ever seen of a new knife.... not sure if I want to try and make it stronger or just return it and go back to the pac/atl salt 2's.
20240703_131423.jpg
20240703_131403.jpg
20240703_131407.jpg
Michael Janich

Re: Autonomy 2 safety

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Elcapitan:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

To be clear, when you engage the knife's safety and depress the button, it still fires?

Stay safe,

Mike
Elcapitan

Re: Autonomy 2 safety

Post by Elcapitan »

No, not yet... very close though I think. When the safety is engaged and the fire button is pressed the blade will move almost to where the tip is poking out of the scales, 1/8" or so.