Be safe over Memorial Day

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
akapennypincher

Be safe over Memorial Day

Post by akapennypincher »

Deadly weekend on roads and around water.
MacLaren

Re: Be safe over Memorial Day

Post by MacLaren »

Sound advice & will do, sir.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Back in the 90's my then wife and I went down for our yearly trek to Indianapolis for the Indy 500.

I think that we attended 6 or 7 times in a row at least.

I was driving, and of course we did not know where we were going, and managed to get into an accident. A woman in her early 20's driving 40MPH t-boned our car. We were lucky to have both lived with no need for medical care, but we both had concussions. Although no medical care was offered(no blood) for weeks my brain was scrambled!

SLOW DOWN PEOPLE!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I was doing some visiting Saturday (05-25-24) with some friends in the city and on our way out of the city back to the suburbs where I live I was literally getting fearful. The driving habits of some people is near complete insanity. Two guys driving "Crotch Rocket" type motorcycles were doing "wheelies" at 70 MPH plus in the fast lane. Most other vehicles in the fast lane were passing us like we were on a set of jack stands. We were doing our 65MPH ( the lawful speed limit) and were getting flipped off by some people. I guess they thought we were going too slow ( imagine that??).

The freeway and interstate highways here in the Kansas City, MO USA area are complete insanity it seems. I wish people would try to be safe on Memorial Day or any other day for that matter. But common sense is no longer trendy around this area unfortunately. I hope the highways are better where the rest of you live. GOD help us all.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

This is why so many check points and click it or ticket campaigns are launched during this Holiday Weekend.
The NCSHP & THP also work together at the State Line to check for drinking while driving.