Would Spyderco fix a screw I ruined on my Lil Native?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
paulgvb

Would Spyderco fix a screw I ruined on my Lil Native?

Post by paulgvb »

I managed to strip the Torx head of the small screw closest to the Compression lock on the left side scale of my Lil Native Wharncliffe. I was trying to install a new set of beautiful RC Bladeworks scales I just received. All screws came out without issue except for this last one. Since it wouldn’t budge, I just reinstalled the right side scale.

This is totally my fault. I should have first attempted to loosen each screw a bit first rather than replace one scale completely at a time.

Spyderco uses a strong thread locking compound, but I’ve managed to install aftermarket scales on another Lil Native without issue.

Do you think Spyderco would/can drill out the screw and replace the screw and likely the little pipe it screws into and the G10 scale or liner if necessary? I caused the harm so I’m happy to pay for the replacement parts and shop time.

In people’s experience is this a repair Spyderco would even remotely consider doing if paid? Or should I just assume I’ll need to purchase another knife and try again.

Thank you
jdw

Re: Would Spyderco fix a screw I ruined on my Lil Native?

Post by jdw »

I have the exact same issue with a Wharncliff Lil Native. I couldn’t even get the screw to budge before I stripped it. My fault but I am really interested in the reply. Whatever the powdery white stuff they are using is like cement.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Albertaboyscott

Re: Would Spyderco fix a screw I ruined on my Lil Native?

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Ask Spyderco. Everything else is a guess