Salt Dreams

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Netherend

Salt Dreams

Post by Netherend »

With all of the new salts coming out I can’t help but imagine what a Pacific Salt 3 could look like… maybe it can have Black and Green scales like the Magnacut Pm2 or Caribbean but with a Magnacut blade.

One could dream

The siren in an frn configuration that is black and green would also be really cool.
Just one more knife...
Naperville

Re: Salt Dreams

Post by Naperville »

Salt Dreams....

When will the Magnacut Native Chief be out? I checked around and nobody has one. :thinking
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Netherend wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 6:45 pm
With all of the new salts coming out I can’t help but imagine what a Pacific Salt 3 could look like… maybe it can have Black and Green scales like the Magnacut Pm2 or Caribbean but with a Magnacut blade.

One could dream

The siren in an frn configuration that is black and green would also be really cool.

I totally grant you your dreams, but I think since the Pac Salt 2 replaced the "1" not too long ago we won´t see a "3" anytime soon (which is fine with me, tough I do like your idea and proposed color scheme!)

/ An FRN Siren, maybe with a boye dent (just cause without one the blade can get a bit "rattly in loose" in a tight hammer grip), would be so great indeed!!

/ My personal "Salt Dream":
Endela Salt, built just like the Pac Salt, and with an a bit longer blade than the current Endela (just like the Salt 2 has an a bit longer blade than the Delica 4) (viewtopic.php?p=1396951#p1396951)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

Salt dreams. Seems like there's no Seki knives in magancut yet... I hope the Stretch XL gets magnacut or at least LC200n. As well as the Dragonfly 2. The Endela+ sized salt would be really nice also- I prefer to carry FRN backlocks for the most part so I'd get more use out of this than the Salt PM2.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 9:44 pm
Netherend wrote:

One could dream

I totally grant you your dreams, but I think since the Pac Salt 2 replaced the "1" not too long ago we won´t see a "3" anytime soon (which is fine with me, tough I do like your idea and proposed color scheme!)

/ An FRN Siren, maybe with a boye dent (just cause without one the blade can get a bit "rattly in loose" in a tight hammer grip), would be so great indeed!!

Endela Salt, built just like the Pac Salt, and with an a bit longer blade than the current Endela (just like the Salt 2 has an a bit longer blade than the Delica 4) (viewtopic.php?p=1396951#p1396951)
You know, an Endela Salt makes sense and they could give us some new colors while they are at it.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
kobold

Post by kobold »

I would buy a Stretch XL in Magnacut in addition to the Native Chief and the Native.
Then the only things I could possibly still want are the Chaparral Magnacut PE and SE.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
SchoonerBum

Post by SchoonerBum »

These are all fantastic ideas! My personal Salt Dream is still a lightweight backlock Caribbean.
Fastidiotus

Post by Fastidiotus »

Really want to see an Unsalted Caribbean. Let the knife get the s90v/carbon treatment. The Siren got an Unsalted sprint and the Caribbean deserves to have an edge retention super steel. Typecasting the Caribbean as a purely salt knife and not letting it compete head to head with the pm2 is a real shame.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

SchoonerBum wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:21 am
These are all fantastic ideas! My personal Salt Dream is still a lightweight backlock Caribbean.
I’ve had that same Salt Dream and I usually wake up in a cold sweat! a lightweight backlock Caribbean would definitely be my Spyderco Grail 🙏
hplovecrafter

Post by hplovecrafter »

full black Magnacut salt serrated Native Chief. Working with cutting ties of all materials from delivery bundles, SE is the way to go but I get incredibly sweaty. The length of the Native Chief is so perfect and no one does SE like Spyderco but my knife edge is always rusting. I know the yellow is coming but I prefer coated and black like the lightweight model.
tzirconia

Post by tzirconia »

Since we're dreaming I'll throw in a wish for a Salt 2 in Magnacut 🙂

And I'd also love Endela and Dragonfly Salts in Magnacut.
RazorSharp86

Post by RazorSharp86 »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 9:44 pm
Netherend wrote:

One could dream

Magnacut Siren with Boye dent and with orange G10
Or a Stretch 2 Salt with Magnacut and green G10
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I wish they would do a Salt Version of the C-60 Ayoob and a Salt version of the original C-44 Dyad. A Salt version of Spyderco's legendary double-bladed icon would be really great for outdoor activities.

I'm still not going to give up on asking for a Salt Version of the original TEMPERANCE 1 model. A nice fixed blade in SE & PE both in a corrosion resistant blade steel would also make sense.
SchoonerBum

Post by SchoonerBum »

I’d forgotten about the salty Dyad idea! That would be awesome.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Sign me up for an Endela Salt and a backlock Caribbean.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

MagnaCut Salt 1 for sure and ditto a backlock Caribbean in MC!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

A Salt large C44 Dyad with a stronger PE blade at tip would make me very happy . H2 steel would be just fine to start the release for me . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Netherend

Post by Netherend »

Fastidiotus wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:18 am
Really want to see an Unsalted Caribbean. Let the knife get the s90v/carbon treatment. The Siren got an Unsalted sprint and the Caribbean deserves to have an edge retention super steel. Typecasting the Caribbean as a purely salt knife and not letting it compete head to head with the pm2 is a real shame.
That would be an awesome knife.
I love Caribbean leaf blade shape . It regularly impresses me at how well it cuts.

An Endela Salt would be also be an instant buy.
Just one more knife...
brj

Post by brj »

My Salt dreams have already come true ;)

- convex grind Pacific w/ pointy tip
- zero grind, mirror-hand-rubbed-blade, first gen (pinned) Pacific
- wharnie Atlantic

Not pictured, but I'd count the Catcherman sprint in there as well.
SchoonerBum

Post by SchoonerBum »

You make a good point. A lot of my salt dreams have already come true, too - it’s awesome that Spyderco is as dedicated to salty knives as they are.