Catcherman LC200N Sprint Run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kuxxxan

Re: Catcherman LC200N Sprint Run

Post by kuxxxan »

For EU folks- In stock in com2you-biwak, a bit pricey but at least you can grab it!
__
Magnacut & K390 for win
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

kuxxxan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:44 am
For EU folks- In stock in com2you-biwak, a bit pricey but at least you can grab it!

Also still at Coutellerie Tourangelle, even for a few (not many) Euros less.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

A little less than that at Edgar Bros, the UK importer, and in stock.

As an aside, this is by far the best folder I’ve ever used for food prep.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:09 am
kuxxxan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:44 am

Also still at Coutellerie Tourangelle, even for a few (not many) Euros less.
Oh! didn't know they had it. It's still quite a bit more than the price estimated by Lamnia, so I'll take my chances and wait a bit longer
brj

Post by brj »

The more I use this knife, the more I like it.
Amazing the level of detailed tip work one can do without needing some humongous choil ;).
This should illustrate the very definition of 'slicey' in any dictionary.

juggler

Post by juggler »

I received it a few days ago and I've mostly used it for some food prep so far. Surprisingly light for such a long knife, and a real slicer too!

Definitely a big knife...
Attachments
catcherman.jpg
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:05 am
A little less than that at Edgar Bros, the UK importer, and in stock.

As an aside, this is by far the best folder I’ve ever used for food prep.
Many thanks for the heads-up, thought I'd missed these! Very much looking forward to trying it out on the first bass of the season :crossed-fingers Particularly interested in finding out how such a long handle works in practice...
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Used mine for the first time today. Didn’t really use it much on the water but cleaned some decent fish with it when I got in. Man, what a great little design this is! Felt very capable as a small fillet. Serrations are completely out of the way when filleting (at least the way I work) but came in handy making a couple of cuts when I needed them. Knives sits very comfortable in hand and the forefinger rests very nicely over the spyderco and along the spine when choked up doing detail work. The only thing about this knife that isn’t perfect for me is I don’t love the sharp hump in the middle of the handle. I tend to like designs with a smoother/mellower hump like the stretch. Small issue given how perfect the rest of the knife is though! Very very pleased with the Catcherman so far!

RazorSharp86

Post by RazorSharp86 »

Surfingringo wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 7:05 pm
Used mine for the first time today. Didn’t really use it much on the water but cleaned some decent fish with it when I got in. Man, what a great little design this is! Felt very capable as a small fillet. Serrations are completely out of the way when filleting (at least the way I work) but came in handy making a couple of cuts when I needed them. Knives sits very comfortable in hand and the forefinger rests very nicely over the spyderco and along the spine when choked up doing detail work. The only thing about this knife that isn’t perfect for me is I don’t love the sharp hump in the middle of the handle. I tend to like designs with a smoother/mellower hump like the stretch. Small issue given how perfect the rest of the knife is though! Very very pleased with the Catcherman so far!

That hump is definitely a bit annoying.

Siren XL Slim, Lance? 😁
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Mine arrived today. Fit and finish are immaculate and it mostly feels great in the hand. The exception is, as others have said, is the point right in the middle of the handle.

As an aside, that's the same thing that means I can't get on with the Endura. I get that it's an old model which means old moulds. Grippy textured FRN means that indexing points aren't really necessary for this knife's intended tasks. I really do hope Spyderco transition to neutral grips like the LeafJumper

Anyway back on topic, I have a feeling this will work v well indeed for it's intended purpose. Great that Sal and co chose to re-release it for this sprint 😎
juggler

Post by juggler »

I'm not the biggest fan of the hump either, but I find it way less annoying than on the Endura/Delica models: the handle of the Catcherman being longer, there's more space in front of the hump (even though I would still prefer a more neutral handle).
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils.