Show your Mule

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
standy99

Re: Show your Mule

Post by standy99 »

VeraX_Knives wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:00 am
CasperFatone wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 pm
Fresh set of Lignum Vitae scales that I made. This is widely thought of as the most dense wood in existence and has a natural waxy/oily feel to it that is very unique. It is actually pretty easy to work with but the dust tends to clog sandpaper a little more than normal Image

Looks good not going to lie I've in passing heard of that lignum vertae whatever and to me it's.. it's in the name lol like it's lignin and density isn't everything in wood. As far as I know, (yes please teach me something here) it's the composite type layering of the core of a tree correct? So in effect it's water content and.. growth patterns over.. the polymers that exist correct? 🤔

That give wood it's mechanical properties*.
No it’s the name of the tree “Guaiacum sanctum”

Lignum vitae is Latin for "wood of life".
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
VeraX_Knives

Post by VeraX_Knives »

standy99 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:47 am
VeraX_Knives wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:00 am
CasperFatone wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 pm
Fresh set of Lignum Vitae scales that I made. This is widely thought of as the most dense wood in existence and has a natural waxy/oily feel to it that is very unique. It is actually pretty easy to work with but the dust tends to clog sandpaper a little more than normal Image

Looks good not going to lie I've in passing heard of that lignum vertae whatever and to me it's.. it's in the name lol like it's lignin and density isn't everything in wood. As far as I know, (yes please teach me something here) it's the composite type layering of the core of a tree correct? So in effect it's water content and.. growth patterns over.. the polymers that exist correct? 🤔

That give wood it's mechanical properties*.
No it’s the name of the tree “Guaiacum sanctum”

Lignum vitae is Latin for "wood of life".
Hahahahaha oh that it does! As I just realized lmao. Makes sense now thanks brother 🤣, I'm not a wood guy I really ain't. It's honestly just a lack of knowledge in that area of biology. So it's multiple types that fit into a category it seems? I can get the answer from the interwebs. I'm assuming like everything it varies from place to place.
You say E = mc² × I argue E² = m²c⁴ + p²c²
Jason Ward shockey01@gmail.com +1 412-726-8610 My Discord
Steeltoez83

Post by Steeltoez83 »

Screenshot_20240501_074847_Gallery.jpg
I normally just buy my mule scales from the younger bro of a knifemaker friend. I am not sure if Elijah has gravitated towards full time knifemaker or not. I think the term metal maestro sounds better than knifemaker personally. These contoured scales feel really nice in hand too. No complaints on the aggressive ones I've used before from him I always prefer deeper knurling on barbells anyways.

My younger brother is taking my M398 mule off my hands for barbecue season. He isn't a knife guy but I'm slowly corrupting him to the sharp side. I am not sure if he prefers the contouring of the new scales, or the texture of the ones on it right now. I had intentions of putting these on my k294 mule. However I'd rather give him something I know will get used.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240501_074934_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240501_074917_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240501_074859_Gallery.jpg
"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
clinton1

Post by clinton1 »

76 and SRS13/SUS405
Attachments
20240502_223502.jpg