A new spin on "HIC dropping soon"

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
sal

Re: A new spin on "HIC dropping soon"

Post by sal »

Hi Jason,

Do you intentionally try to be offensive? Or are you one of those that honestly can't help it?

I don't know what people you think we are losing? Our Opfocus program is a favor we do for those Patriotic Americans serving the rest of us.

The Mule Team project is a favor we do for those knife afi's interested various blade materials. We don't think of our blade materials, which are mostly asked for as; "absolute garbage".

Our business is selling knives to people that like to purchase our knives, though we don't think of them as "idiots".

I guess your knowledge of business far exceeds mine and I should be more appreciative of your business model suggestions?

So now you can honestly say that we are in disagreement.

sal
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Well, I'm not a veteran, but I think a 40 percent discount is still a heck of a nice nod to those who served.

And of course Spyderco doesn't need to do it at all.

But nobody likes changes. There are places I used to drive to and camp whenever I wanted to that are now "fee areas" in the National Forest. A different jar of pickles I suppose, but I don't like the change. Nonetheless I am thankful that we do have public lands, fee or not (and I just find other spots to go camp). I am thankful for the mule program. If I was eligible, I would be thankful for a 40 percent off via the Opfocus program.
CasperFatone

Post by CasperFatone »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:45 am

What will happen with my busted blade? Well if I had powered diamond tooling, I would reshape the tip. It would take forever by hand. I am still scheming on this. Once I had the tip reshaped, I would be interested in experimenting with sharpening the edge. I expect the truth to be that this won't take a super sharp grabby edge, but as has been said, the edge it does take will endure forever.
If you want to send it to me I will grind it to a more usable shape for you as well as throw a fresh edge on it. I wouldn’t ask you to pay me anything, unless you care to cover the cost of return shipping. Really this would be a research thing for me since I am still planning to make a folder out of my HIC Mule, and it’s a good opportunity for me to practice shaping the material before cutting into my knife.

You can search for my folding Mules if you want to see some of my work and make sure I’m not a total hack. As a hobby I make and mod knives, part of which is doing chop jobs so reshaping a blade is nothing new to me. Regarding this HIC material, I’ve already had good success sharpening mine with silicon carbide belts and have been able to drill a clean pivot hole in the tang using diamond bits. If you feel like sending it my way for some TLC shoot me a PM.
Amateur maker of folding knives and addicted to modding Spyderco knives

Folding Mules- m398 liner lock, Rex76 compression lock, 15v liner lock flipper
VeraX_Knives

Post by VeraX_Knives »

sal wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:43 pm
Hi Jason,

Do you intentionally try to be offensive? Or are you one of those that honestly can't help it?

I don't know what people you think we are losing? Our Opfocus program is a favor we do for those Patriotic Americans serving the rest of us.

The Mule Team project is a favor we do for those knife afi's interested various blade materials. We don't think of our blade materials, which are mostly asked for as; "absolute garbage".

Our business is selling knives to people that like to purchase our knives, though we don't think of them as "idiots".

I guess your knowledge of business far exceeds mine and I should be more appreciative of your business model suggestions?

sal
Mm I'm not sure about disagreement perhaps misunderstanding. I was defending your position until your company that you still have a very high seat at caved like everyone else and thus lost my respect. It's respect Sal. Nothing more nothing less. Civilians don't really ever understand this I should add. If I'm going to offer that as a company - I'd NEVER think about changing it. Veterans, and I explicitly exclude myself there, are why you have this business and live in America. Period. We both agree on that one. Again I'm just stating facts.

Yeah, honestly if I owned your company I'd make changes. I'm going to lose money and have to let people go, but I don't care I still have my dignity left. Just because the world changes doesn't mean that you have to. It does make it easier to. You're talking to someone who truly doesn't care about money. I'm aware of the insanity of that but it's just reality. So, obviously I'm going to make different decisions henceforth why I have a very small company comparatively that attracts a select type of person who I don't have to do the marketing stuff towards. If you think this is offensive, that's your thinking and you're entitled to it. To me it's just simply two men having a conversation and I have defended your company more than I typically would because of my respect for you. It's not your company anymore, and I know enough to know what is marketing and a real issue, and I'm going to call the black kettle a black kettle. It's not the red one..

What I type isn't necessarily just my opinion it's my opinion of other people's opinions and psychology and sociology. Things that I started at age 13. This entire Mule thing is a business plan so yes I have to include some of the reality to people who are reading my text. That's why I came here. To explain the science and the marketing differences. You know I'm the former so I honestly don't know why you would take offense to.. anything I said honestly but especially that. If I said something scientifically incorrect I asked for corrections*.

Jas
You say E = mc² × I argue E² = m²c⁴ + p²c²
Jason Ward shockey01@gmail.com +1 412-726-8610 My Discord
Steveng

Post by Steveng »

VeraX_Knives wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:13 pm
sal wrote:
Hi Jason,

sal
Mm I'm not sure about disagreement perhaps misunderstanding. I was defending your position until your company that you still have a very high seat at caved like everyone else and thus lost my respect. It's respect Sal. Nothing more nothing less. Civilians don't really ever understand this I should add. If I'm going to offer that as a company - I'd NEVER think about changing it. Veterans, and I explicitly exclude myself there, are why you have this business and live in America. Period. We both agree on that one. Again I'm just stating facts.

Yeah, honestly if I owned your company I'd make changes. I'm going to lose money and have to let people go, but I don't care I still have my dignity left. Just because the world changes doesn't mean that you have to. It does make it easier to. You're talking to someone who truly doesn't care about money. I'm aware of the insanity of that but it's just reality. So, obviously I'm going to make different decisions henceforth why I have a very small company comparatively that attracts a select type of person who I don't have to do the marketing stuff towards. If you think this is offensive, that's your thinking and you're entitled to it. To me it's just simply two men having a conversation and I have defended your company more than I typically would because of my respect for you. It's not your company anymore, and I know enough to know what is marketing and a real issue, and I'm going to call the black kettle a black kettle. It's not the red one..

What I type isn't necessarily just my opinion it's my opinion of other people's opinions and psychology and sociology. Things that I started at age 13. This entire Mule thing is a business plan so yes I have to include some of the reality to people who are reading my text. That's why I came here. To explain the science and the marketing differences. You know I'm the former so I honestly don't know why you would take offense to.. anything I said honestly but especially that. If I said something scientifically incorrect I asked for corrections*.

Jas
Marketing and business advice from a person that doesn't care about money. Complaining about a program you cannot even participate it. Who exactly do you think is benefiting from your "information"? I am grateful for the Opfocus program though have used it only once. It is more than I get from 98% of the other companies out there. But since you don't care about money, perhaps I can just send my orders to you and get my stuff gratis. Sounds great to me...
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Hello Jason,

In a way I am sorry I never took the time to welcome you to the forum. However, you do come on like a ton of bricks...

I hope to help you to be aware of the mistake you have recently made. The Mule Team is very welcoming, in many ways. It does not welcome you to critique business practice or marketing strategy/effectiveness. I have read and re-read the Mule Team marketing information and it most certainly does not invite anyone to do so.

Initially, I was hopeful as you talked a lot of game about science and research. The Mule Team wants you to test record and provide feed back on what you are doing with your Mules. I have read that you own fancy machines and have money to spare so... Where are your numbers?

Along the way of the Mule Team, I personally have lost my marbles over program, I was corrected, took that correction in a reasonable fashion and still participate on the forum today. I have come to find that the Mule Team is not the appropriate place to broadcast personal issues. Yes, many forumites have formed deep and lasting personal relationships and have been known to share personal info. Share, not broadcast or use as an explanation for brashness.

You completely lost me when you were trying to sell steel here, mistake or not. I mostly stopped reading your posts when it became apparent that you were typing stream of conscious stuff, not proof reading and hitting send. I feel you would benefit from having a second person read your stuff before you hit send.

I am typing this for you as you still can participate in a meaning full way. It would help if you stayed in the scope of the program, stayed on topic, and share as it relates to Spyderco knives. There is an "Off Topic" section, you may be surprised what people share there. There is even a "New Gun" topic. Be free and start your own off topic.

So far as I can tell, people here "forumites" want other people to participate and engage. No one wants to call you out or put you down or anything of the sort. You have invited people to do so in many of your posts, and I understand that type of behaviour occurs on other forums. No one wants that here.(He says in the most sweeping of generalizations.) I want a forum that shares, includes, disagrees, changes and the respect part comes along as we prove how we handle ourselves over time. The, over time part is important as it leave room for change.

Sincerely, I hope this helps you in some way. I know it was hard for me to change the way I share via internet to fit into the forum, it was worth it.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
sal

Post by sal »

Hey Jason,

There are a lot of really interesting folks here. Most have their own "weird" and their own "baggage". Me included.

We've all agreed to be respectful, honest, fair and proper. Most are pretty humble, despite their exceptional abilities. You might just find a "home" here as many have.

You are probably smarter than many here, and you know a great deal. I believe that you could bring an interesting perspective to our discussions. Take a deep breath. Relax. We're friends here.

sal

"The future of humankind will be found in cooperation"....Edward Deming. He gave examples of "Time zones" and "Telephones" as evidence.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

CasperFatone wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:02 pm
Tucson Tom wrote:

What will happen with my busted blade? Well if I had powered diamond tooling, I would reshape the tip. It would take forever by hand. I am still scheming on this. Once I had the tip reshaped, I would be interested in experimenting with sharpening the edge. I expect the truth to be that this won't take a super sharp grabby edge, but as has been said, the edge it does take will endure forever.
If you want to send it to me I will grind it to a more usable shape for you as well as throw a fresh edge on it. I wouldn’t ask you to pay me anything, unless you care to cover the cost of return shipping. Really this would be a research thing for me since I am still planning to make a folder out of my HIC Mule, and it’s a good opportunity for me to practice shaping the material before cutting into my knife.

You can search for my folding Mules if you want to see some of my work and make sure I’m not a total hack. As a hobby I make and mod knives, part of which is doing chop jobs so reshaping a blade is nothing new to me. Regarding this HIC material, I’ve already had good success sharpening mine with silicon carbide belts and have been able to drill a clean pivot hole in the tang using diamond bits. If you feel like sending it my way for some TLC shoot me a PM.
That is quite an offer. You make me wonder about using a little belt sander I have with the finest SiC belt I can find. Maybe with patience and a light touch I would be surprised and wouldn't need diamond after all.
VeraX_Knives

Post by VeraX_Knives »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:02 pm
CasperFatone wrote:
Tucson Tom wrote:

That is quite an offer. You make me wonder about using a little belt sander I have with the finest SiC belt I can find. Maybe with patience and a light touch I would be surprised and wouldn't need diamond after all.
Matador STARCKE 3,5 and 7k grit SiC. Google it that's what I use it's automotive A weight ROR.
VeraX_Knives

Post by VeraX_Knives »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:02 pm
CasperFatone wrote:
Tucson Tom wrote:

Softer materials still cut harder ones. Alumina works well to 800-1200. Try that I think you will find the results.. surprising.
VeraX_Knives

Post by VeraX_Knives »

Steveng wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:08 pm
VeraX_Knives wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:13 pm
sal wrote:
Hi Jason,

sal

Jas
Marketing and business advice from a person that doesn't care about money. Complaining about a program you cannot even participate it. Who exactly do you think is benefiting from your "information"? I am grateful for the Opfocus program though have used it only once. It is more than I get from 98% of the other companies out there. But since you don't care about money, perhaps I can just send my orders to you and get my stuff gratis. Sounds great to me...
I seriously don't charge you for my time. Test the theory I don't care if you believe that or not but it's true lolol. Materials and that's it. Not my brain equipment or time then it would become a job. I've made enough making videogame cheats for kids parents who I don't feel bad about taking money from. You don't know my life don't assume.

-Jason