Tax day MAP sale!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
shunsui

Re: Tax day MAP sale!

Post by shunsui »

Some amazing deals, but I either had them or didn't need them.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Got one inbound . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

weeping minora wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:45 am
FWIW, It looks as though Chicago Knife Works is still listing their Spyderco sale prices.
Thanks! Stretch 2 K390 inbound.
- Richard
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

Bummer I missed it
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

electro-static wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:14 am
Bummer I missed it
I didn’t even know MAPnesty days existed. If this happens every year then I need to plan around it. Woke up a little to late for the $80 Native Chief deal.

I’m a lot more of a Spyderco consumer at non-MAP pricing.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Does anyone know why my Chicago Knife Works knife is shipping from Marion, VA? Are they a legit store or are they shipping from some sort of Amazon mass drop type of warehouse? TIA.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
olditguy

Post by olditguy »

Chicago Knife Works is very legit. It's my understanding that a quite a few on-line retailers ship product from a company in Marion, VA called Blue Ridge Knives. They are a knife Wholesaler/Distributor.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

CKW is a drop-shipper.. my understanding is they maintain a number of online sales channels, but don't keep a physical storefront or large inventory on hand anywhere in one specific location, so orders will ship from all over depending on what you order and where the inventory is located, i.e a wholesale distributer like Blue Ridge in Marion, VA.

I ordered from them a few weeks back.. the shipping label was created in, and the package was accepted in Morton Grove, IL.. allegedly where their "corporate headquarters" is located. But if you google the corporate headquarters address, it is an old strip mall, with no storefront, company logo or the like.. seems a little shady to me, but hey, my package arrived!

The upside to this business model is that with no, or low, inventory overhead, they are able to offer zillions of products, usually at lower prices. I've ordered from CKW a handful of times over the years.. shipping sometimes takes a few days longer it seems, but I've always received what I ordered and usually managed to save some money in the process. They are not one of my preferred retailers, but they are good to go in a pinch, imo.
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Erich

Post by Erich »

I have to say, the quality of the China knives like the Tenacious is really great. The fit/finish is as good as anything from Golden or Taiwan. I'm stunned. I apologize for my mental posts from before. $71 for this little tank in m4 is a really great deal.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Just got my Pacific Salt 2 SE from BHQ. Very happy I jumped on it, that is a ton of awesome knife for $40.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:58 pm
Just got my Pacific Salt 2 SE from BHQ. Very happy I jumped on it, that is a ton of awesome knife for $40.
I got that plus a $25 SE Wharncliffe Manbug a couple days ago. I needed neither but man, I’m a sucker for good deals.
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

WilliamMunny wrote:
The deepest discount of the sale I think at 69% off MSRP. Did it end up being H1 or H2 steel?
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

ekastanis wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:58 pm
WilliamMunny wrote:
The deepest discount of the sale I think at 69% off MSRP. Did it end up being H1 or H2 steel?
It was H2 with silver non coated hardware. They had a black coated back lock shown in the picture.

It was a great deal at $50 minus the $10 in points I had from sign up and birthday.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Received the Lil Temp 3. Cool knife but mine had detent lash. Not a functional issue but should have been a factory second. I returned it. Had I paid as little as I saw later at SMKW maybe I would have kept it.
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

It may have seemed this MAP holiday had less selection than previous ones, but for me I think it was the best one yet. I managed to pick these three up for an average of 51% off MSRP. I’m especially liking the Stretch XL, being a big fan of the Stretch and Pacific Salt.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image Just bought one I have been looking at for quite awhile. Love this knife . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

DSH007 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:01 pm
CKW is a drop-shipper.. my understanding is they maintain a number of online sales channels, but don't keep a physical storefront or large inventory on hand anywhere in one specific location, so orders will ship from all over depending on what you order and where the inventory is located, i.e a wholesale distributer like Blue Ridge in Marion, VA.

I ordered from them a few weeks back.. the shipping label was created in, and the package was accepted in Morton Grove, IL.. allegedly where their "corporate headquarters" is located. But if you google the corporate headquarters address, it is an old strip mall, with no storefront, company logo or the like.. seems a little shady to me, but hey, my package arrived!

The upside to this business model is that with no, or low, inventory overhead, they are able to offer zillions of products, usually at lower prices. I've ordered from CKW a handful of times over the years.. shipping sometimes takes a few days longer it seems, but I've always received what I ordered and usually managed to save some money in the process. They are not one of my preferred retailers, but they are good to go in a pinch, imo.

This I've verified while I was up there a couple years ago. Got there during normal business hours on a weekday and it was locked up no one there, didn't look like it was a functional store.

Weird but I had good luck with them; ordered a zoomer for about $200 last year with the help of another forum member who messaged me after I expressed interest in the model during the map sale.

Knife arrived timely- I had no issue with the retailer but it's definitely a different setup.
Mister Coffee

Post by Mister Coffee »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:16 pm
Image Just bought one I have been looking at for quite awhile. Love this knife . MG2

Gotta say, great picture of a great knife. :fortune-cookie

Note: I'm putting a fortune cookie there because I love fortune cookies (who doesn't?). Hope it's not an Internet meme for a dreaded disease or something.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Mister Coffee wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:51 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:16 pm

Gotta say, great picture of a great knife. :fortune-cookie

Note: I'm putting a fortune cookie there because I love fortune cookies (who doesn't?). Hope it's not an Internet meme for a dreaded disease or something.
Ha ! Thank you ! MG2
Henry David Thoreau