The best "worst" serrated knives I have ever owned.

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
burlyspyder

Re: The best "worst" serrated knives I have ever owned.

Post by burlyspyder »

VeraX_Knives wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:10 am
This is interesting. You use nylon 3,3 or wood? Or polyethylene/teraphalate?
I craft end-grain wood cutting boards, which is what is used in our kitchens almost exclusively.

I imagine they would create a bunch of micro plastic shavings on any plastic board as well. Yum, right?

-burly
:bug-red: H1, M4, 4v, 10v, Hap40, s90v, s110v, BD1n, Maxamet, Magnacut
MT; Z-max, Z-wear, Magnacut, SRS13, Rex76, M398, T15, K294, ZDP-189, HIC, AEB-L, SPY27, 15v
Other: D2, White#1, Blue#2, SuperBlue, VG-10, 204P, 20cv, s30v, s35vn, s45vn, s90v, HIC, TC71
VeraX_Knives

Re: The best "worst" serrated knives I have ever owned.

Post by VeraX_Knives »

burlyspyder wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:27 am
VeraX_Knives wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:10 am
This is interesting. You use nylon 3,3 or wood? Or polyethylene/teraphalate?
I craft end-grain wood cutting boards, which is what is used in our kitchens almost exclusively.

I imagine they would create a bunch of micro plastic shavings on any plastic board as well. Yum, right?

-burly
Very nice. Think it would be possible to order one? :thinking

I have to admit that I use plastic boards. But I also use plastic plates and spoons and knives set up for kids with my grandparents whom I take care of. 92 and 83. 92 isn't as easy as the 83 hahaha. So, while I use pretty sharp knives and whatnot, besides recently where I had to move to elastomer-covered handles and very not thin edges for utensils for both of them. Before this, they used the knives that Mike, @hollowt1pz, posted above cause I got them from him for free. Which yes absolutely annihilated .. what was advertised as being nylon 6,6 but it just wasn't. What it was exactly I have no idea. Polyethylene didn't stand a chance so yeah yummy plastic. If I had to be myself here, scientifically speaking they're pretty large particles that should not get stuck in your gut or something like that.. it's the small stuff that science "thinks could be bad" but if I'm being honest as of the last time I was familiar with it we had no long term data that means anything really just anecdotal evidence that doesn't pass the peer review processes.

I'd personally like to move to a wooden board but I don't necessarily want to buy something from John Boos that is overpriced as heck and I like to support the smaller guys that do this stuff I actually have asked my neighbor to make one for me, he's a wood guy through and through but he already has a very successful business with wormy chestnut and nail board that.. quite honestly is fascinating to see the nominal age ranges of buyers.. it's under 30. He's ex army I'm former USMC, he travels around the country with veterans doing these projects. But I'd like to support the Spyderco community if possible and also I know what he would make me so I'd.. rather be surprised if you get what I mean there. Lemme know if you want to take that project on man I'll.. make sure you profit a fair amount.

BTW, what do you mean by TC71 in the knives that you have? My brain can't figure that out it's been bothering me lol 😆

Jas
You say E = mc² × I argue E² = m²c⁴ + p²c²
Jason Ward shockey01@gmail.com +1 412-726-8610 My Discord