Spyderco Models We Need In FULL SE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knifewing

Re: Spyderco Models We Need In FULL SE

Post by Knifewing »

It already exists in yellow H-1, BUT I've been waiting a LONG time for a Dragonfly Salt SE in GREEN FRN with LC200N blade steel.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Chaparral Salt SpyderEdge.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Knifewing wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:25 pm
It already exists in yellow H-1, BUT I've been waiting a LONG time for a Dragonfly Salt SE in GREEN FRN with LC200N blade steel.

I on the other hand wait for the H2 SE with a wharnie blade... this would be the Dfly I'd actually and finally get.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

T-1000 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:09 am
We need that military 2 SE to drop
YES!!! & AMEN to a full SE Military 2 model. It must absolutely must happen!!

But I also still want another full SE CATCHERMAN and a full SE TEMPERANCE 1 model as well.

And let's add a full SE CAPTAIN model to the mix along with Jason Breeden's RESCUE model in full SE.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

This thread is just turning into a drool fest of awesome knife ideas.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

Bow River with 14C28N steel, Warrior Knife (SE the plain edge side and LC200N steel), Ronin 2 and Yojimbo
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Rockjumper - VG 10, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

Mules in current use AEB-L and K294
Donut

Post by Donut »

I like Serrations, but I don't use them a ton.
If the weather is bad and I think I want to carry SE, I usually grab my S35VN Native 5 FRN.
I think Spyderco has been good with making the Dragonfly a platform for carrying serrations.

I have a couple of ideas.

Mule teams in SE, so we can try new steels with serrations, someone did mention that.
Various blade shapes with serrations. Maybe use something from the Salt series as a base since serrations and rust resistance go together well. Lance/Surfin Gringo started this trend.

I wouldn't mind seeing different blade shapes in the mule team, but I think that's against the whole idea.
I like the idea of FFG SE, but do we usually get a V grind on the edge when that happens?
On that note, I wouldn't mind seeing some V ground edges on SE or even some chisel ground mules.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:29 am
dsvirsky wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:02 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:26 pm
dsvirsky wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:26 pm

While the initial release of the ARK was PE only, a fully serrated version was produced (and then discontinued). Outstanding little cutter.
I would most definitely love to see a Serrated version of the ARK model. That would be one interesting hard use blade in SE.

The ARK is one of at least 15 models that Spyderco did in PE only. That would be a very interesting blade in SE.
Still looking for an ARK SE and have been for a minute 👀
There are so many short bladed models that would be excellent with TEETH and the "ARK" model is certainly one of them. I would also love to see the Dodo in SE in full production again. It would fill the void in jurisdictions where blade length has legal issues.

I've said several times that the C-52 Caly Jr. in SE would be ideal as well.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The Ark was initially released in both plain edge and serrated edge. The serrated model was discontinued in 2021 though. (Maybe due to slow sales)
-Nick :bug-red
kobold

Post by kobold »

Linerlock Military..
and a 3.5" Native SE.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
cjk

Post by cjk »

oops
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:42 am
The Ark was initially released in both plain edge and serrated edge. The serrated model was discontinued in 2021 though. (Maybe due to slow sales)
The more I use my full SE, C-60 Cruwear Ayoob it is rapidly becoming my all time favorite full SE blade. I've been using one for a main EDC for well over 3 months now. And at this point I really don't miss my M390 Military model which I carried and used for a long time. I do hope that the Military 2 will have at least limited availability in SE.

The more I use the Cruwear C-60 the more I would like to see it back in full production again. I'm sure there are others that would agree with me on that selection.

A small fixed blade like the STREETBEAT would be excellent for many daily jobs.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Unfortunately, some of the SE Ayoobs were more like wavy PE. I know mine was. Otherwise, yeah, they would have been great.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:19 am
Unfortunately, some of the SE Ayoobs were more like wavy PE. I know mine was. Otherwise, yeah, they would have been great.
That could most certainly be corrected if they elected to produce more C-60 Ayoob models. I've got one of those slightly altered versions you speak of. It's has however been an awesome EDC blade that I've been using a lot in the past 2 months.

The serration pattern on that particular C-60 was similar to the serration pattern they used years ago on the AUS-8, full SE version of the Catcherman model ( late 90s). And I like that particular serration pattern for many reasons. But as nice of a design as the C-60 is you could use a wide variety of serration patterns for everyday uses.

Also I still believe that if they ever made the C-111 Captain model in full SE that it would be incredibly useful.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I Still say that the Jason Breeden models that Spyderco did over a decade ago both could have done far more better on the sales charts if they had been available in full SE. The C-111 Captain and the Breeden RESCUE both should have had TEETH from day one IMO.

Also other great Spyderco models like the Dodo, the Karahawk and ULIZE could have done many more jobs more efficiently with TEETH.

I think that most of the RECURVE designs would have been ferocious with a full set of TEETH>> especially the ULIZE and Spyker models.
Danke

Post by Danke »

Well to be fair the Dodo did get a few SE versions.