Yojimbo 2 trainer?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
marcdurant

Yojimbo 2 trainer?

Post by marcdurant »

Any news on getting a new batch of Yojimbo 2 trainers in 2024? I have multiple guys who would buy both a live blade and a trainer if they could, but it feels like it's been years and they're getting tired of waiting.

I know there are fixed-blade facsimiles available but it would be best to have a knife that behaves exactly the same as the live blade. And the endura and delica are both great knives but the designs don't hold up against the current generation of self-defense knives.

Alternately, has anyone thought about sharpening the tip of the Emerson Sark? That seems to have many of the features of a current-generation self-defense knife, and it does have a trainer available. Maybe it would be best to point my guys to something that's actually available?
spydergoat

Re: Yojimbo 2 trainer?

Post by spydergoat »

Yo2 trainers have been unavailable for couple years with indication as to when or if they will be made again. They're not on the discontinued list so I assume they will be in production at some point.

In meantime, Endura and trainer is best option IMHO. Delica for smaller hands or for concealment. Emerson P-SARK (sharp tip version) and Emerson trainer- looks good but I've never seen them in person. Kershaw has a cheap Emerson trainer also. Hogue Deka is available with a trainer- maybe another small hands or ladies' option though I'd opt for Delica.
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

@Michael Janich does Spyderco have any updates on Yo2 trainers?
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Spydercgoat:

Unfortunately, I don't have visibility on production plans.

Stay safe,

Mike
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Spydergoat,

I'm pretty sure that they'll get back into production when the expansion is compete.

sal
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

Thanks Sal, that is good to know.
eswiatek

Post by eswiatek »

sal wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:53 pm
Hi Spydergoat,

I'm pretty sure that they'll get back into production when the expansion is compete.

sal

Sal,

When is the expected completion date of the expansion? Do you have any idea how long it will take Production to produce the Yojimbo 2 Trainer after the expansion has been completed? Is the time line for the next batch of Yojimbo 2 Trainers weeks, months, or years?

Thank you,
Ed