Your Favorite Slysz Design And Why

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Pick Your Favorite

Techno 1
9%
Techno 2
7%
Original Bowie
29%
KnifeJoy Bowie
10%
Swayback
14%
SpydieChef
31%

Total votes: 70

kriezek

Re: Your Favorite Slysz Design And Why

Post by kriezek »

Techno 2 is my favorite due to its small but very sturdy design which makes it easy to carry and easy to cut. A whole lot of tasks such as opening boxes, cutting rope, etc. just don't need a large knife. And the Techno 2 punches above its size.

As for the KJ Bowie, I have tried to like it. But it just doesn't wow me. Is it a nice knife - yes. But quite frankly, I like my Stretch better. And that goes for the Chef as well. The blade shape just doesn't do it for me. Will likely be getting rid of these 2 in the near future to make room for others.

The Swayback was one I really wanted to like, but I could not get it to open with one hand, so back it went.

So out of all of those, the Techno 2 is probably the only one I will keep and use. But they are nice knives and I understand why folks go bonkers for them.

Top 5 6 - Stretch, Delica 4, Mantra 3, Smock, PM2, Techno 2
Mister Coffee

Post by Mister Coffee »

@ kriezek : Good argument for the Techno 2. I'm waiting on that one. Maybe the price will come down, as it did on the Swayback.

A lot of people like the Stretch 2. :avocado

(I'm putting an avocado there because I like avocados. I hope it's not a symbol for some part of the anatomy or something.)
brough

Post by brough »

I really enjoy chilling out carving a bit with the Swayback. I do see a Techno in my future though.