UKPK Magnacut?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Flash

UKPK Magnacut?

Post by Flash »

The UKPK salt in CPM Magnacut, anyone know when this will be up for sale?

I’m assuming sometime in 2024 but would like to know exactly when to expect its release.

Thanks.
Jesla

Re: UKPK Magnacut?

Post by Jesla »

I have the UKPK IN S110V, awesome knife… just don’t see Magnacut as an improvement.
Just not a Magnacut fan, I don’t know maybe it’s the name…. Or the rusty pics I’ve seen. I’ll take S110V every time over Magnacut. I’m tired of the cries for every new knife coming out should be Magnacut. My steels of choice are S110V, XHP(Closest to tool steel as I want to get) and Spy27….

Edit to add
Some recent pics can be found in this thread page 11 :

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92418&sid=afc300ead ... &start=180
Whatever turns you on, cupcake.
Still plays with knives…
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

Probably not coming out until the expansion at Spyderco is finished. Then we may a see an initial surge of older reveals/releases as they get up to speed.

I am looking forward to the magnacut version ukpk. Will not hold an edge as long as s110v, but will be tougher/less likely to chip, and easier/quicker to sharpen. Probably a little more stain resistant, too.
Flash

Post by Flash »

I wonder if we’ll ever get drop point variations of either Spy27 or Magnacut? So far only BD1N normal production and S30V for special production run for the droppy blade.

Looking forward to finally trying out some Spyderco Magnacut though.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I'm with you Flash. Would love to see drop point versions.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

An MC UKPK salt with a drop point would get me to buy one.
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Amen!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

UKPK Salt MagnaCut in PlainEdge & SpyderEdge were originally listed in the 2023 Product Guide but were not released in 2023. It’s good to see them in the 2024 Product Guide (see below) so hopefully they’ll show up at dealers in 2024.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Flash

Post by Flash »

I have have my titanium scales and t-8 torx / driver ready and waiting for it’s day one release. I like yellow but like titanium more.

I’m Really excited for this one even if it is in the knife-normies favourite blade shape… Or as Wranglerstar would put it, an East-coast man’s favourite blade shape. 😀
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

Flash wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:45 pm
I’m Really excited for this one even if it is in the knife-normies favourite blade shape… Or as Wranglerstar would put it, an East-coast man’s favourite blade shape. 😀
Knife normie? I don’t get the shade thrown here. Theres a reason why leaf shape blades are often used in spyderco’s designs, function and versatility.
:bug-red-white
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

The leaf shape blade makes for a great EDC blade. It's practically a Spyderco trademark. Even though Spyderco's venture into Wharnies did not fare as well as they had hoped, I do wish they would offer more diversity in blade shapes, grind, taper, etc. In the UKPK Magnacut, a drop point design with a high hollow point would work for me.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Tristan_david2001 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:52 pm
Flash wrote:
Knife normie? I don’t get the shade thrown here. Theres a reason why leaf shape blades are often used in spyderco’s designs, function and versatility.
No shade thrown, I was joking.
I can see why people generally prefer the leaf shape as it is more aesthetically pleasing. I just prefer using a droppy.

Though my preference would be a drop point I’m still more than happy for a leaf in Magnacut.
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

Interesting you say that, from what I’ve seen the general knife market tends to lean aesthetically preferable to clip point shapes and hunter drop point shapes overall, imo. Leaf shapes started as a niche development (at least the spyderco leaf) from spyderco for a highly functional and versatile edc blade, and the calys are intended to be one of spyderco pinnacles of that blade shape for a compact edc folder, and they seem to attract a much smaller market
And just to be clear I won’t be buying a mc ukpk. I was just interested about your opinion of leaf blades
:bug-red-white
tzirconia

Post by tzirconia »

UKPK Salt in Magnacut is on my short list.
Anxiously waiting...
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

As are we all, though I'm torn between this and the SPY27, for different reasons.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Flash

Post by Flash »

It was revealed back in reveal 13 yet still no sight of it.

Where is this knife?
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Will be a smash hit when released. Will save some cash for mine
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
Matus

Post by Matus »

One could go as far as to say that some Spyderco knives suffer from premature reveal :squinting-tongue
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
UkSpydie

Post by UkSpydie »

Flash wrote:
I have have my titanium scales and t-8 torx / driver ready and waiting for it’s day one release. I like yellow but like titanium more.

Same here. Got my scales still in the cellophane ready replace those yellow ones. Might have a go at anodising them before putting them on, but I do like the grey
UKPK every day
Jesla

Post by Jesla »

Been rock’n the S110v for quite awhile now…. You guys are missing out…
Whatever turns you on, cupcake.
Still plays with knives…