Oregon Knife Collectors Association Show April 12-14!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Candyman

Oregon Knife Collectors Association Show April 12-14!

Post by Candyman »

Getting close to what I would consider my favorite show of the year. Is anyone attending this year on the forum? Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. April 12-14th.

Rich
Think for yourself
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: Oregon Knife Collectors Association Show April 12-14!

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi Rich, I’ll be there on Saturday! Looking forward to seeing you and the Spyderco crew! I’ll bring along a Spyderpac of some of my fun customs for folks to look at. Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
fixall

Post by fixall »

I’ll be there. :)
Last edited by fixall on Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Shows next week!! Excited to see you guys! I’ll be working with Ed Schempp at his table again. Come by and say hi! I’ll have tons of Gummi bears from the factory and will do a couple giveaways on some Spyderco knives as well that I got from the seconds sale.

Rich
Think for yourself
remnar

Post by remnar »

I'm still undecided but might come down on Saturday.
RadioactiveSpyder

The OKCA just posted the table lists for next weekend’s show. Spyderco will be in its normal spot in the front left of the room as you enter. Hope to see some of you there! Cheers, Radioactive

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

Tempting but I don’t like crowds. But maybe? It’s a 4 hour drive for me. Plus the did I mention the crowds issue?
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Rockjumper - VG 10, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

Mules in current use AEB-L and K294
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

VandymanG wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:29 pm
Tempting but I don’t like crowds. But maybe? It’s a 4 hour drive for me. Plus the did I mention the crowds issue?
Honestly this is probably the best show for someone who isn’t a big fan of crowds but interested in going to a show. Very laid back and relaxed atmosphere and not a lot of people like other shows. Very easy to go up to a table and have conversations without anyone crowding around.
Think for yourself
fixall

Post by fixall »

Just a little heads up!

I’ll be doing a little something at the show for members of Spyderco Forums and BladeForums. So if you have a chance, stop by table S06 with your screen name. :)

No I won’t tell you why. 😂
RadioactiveSpyder

Candyman wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:10 am
Honestly this is probably the best show for someone who isn’t a big fan of crowds but interested in going to a show. Very laid back and relaxed atmosphere and not a lot of people like other shows. Very easy to go up to a table and have conversations without anyone crowding around.
I totally agree with Rich on his take on the OKCA show. It’s a very low key affair, lots of middle-aged and senior folks proudly showing off their wares and keen on talking with anyone and everyone that comes by their table. Nothing like Blade Show where hundreds of people line up for the start of the show and then run/trample each other trying to get to their favorite vendors booth to grab the few show specials they might have that year. Definitely an Oregon/Pacific Northwest vibe to it and I’m always amazed at the sheer density of flannel shirts in one place! If Spyderco follows their tradition from the last few shows, they’ll probably have some nice seconds available as well, which might really make your day if you can find a model you’ve been looking for at a great price. If you can spot me on Saturday, I’m happy to show off the customs I’m bringing along (lots of nice wood-handled models) — I’ll be wearing my “Radioactive” Spyderco tag. I typically circle back to the Spyderco booth multiple times during the day, in between my wanderings around the rest of the tables. Cheers, Radioactive
fixall

Post by fixall »

Packing up to head down to Eugene today. Hope to see some of you soon!

Stop by my table for a chance to win…. Something. ;)
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

My budget might be short but I’ll see if I can swing it.
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Rockjumper - VG 10, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

RadioactiveSpyder

Hope folks are having a good time at the show. I got a terrible case of food poisoning Thursday afternoon that knocked me out, so sadly I’m not going. I was really looking forward to going too, it’s a major highlight of this hobby for me. Hopefully next year.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

I keep seeing on Reddit where people are getting all kinds of old exclusives. 🤦‍♂️ wish I could have been there. It’s so not a little over 2,000 miles away.
MRj “Weak things break!”
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Any pics?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:53 pm
Any pics?
Not my photos, found them on Facebook. But that is crazy, $158 for a 15V Manix, signed box…

Not sure if all shows are like this but man I would love to go to one. This one was the wrong side of the country. The Atlanta one is a bit better but an 11 hour drive each way, just not going to happen.
IMG_5686.jpeg
IMG_5687.jpeg
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

That looks like a great time! That sea of Spyderco boxes is a beautiful thing. :bug-white-red
-Nick :bug-red
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Day one was spent helping Ed Schempp at his table. After the show a group of us got together for dinner at a fantastic Sushi place. Pictured is Jeff Loffer of Cutlery Shoppe, David Jung and his wife, Ed and Silvia, Tom Moore, Travis Vanwey of The Knife Joker and his son

Think for yourself
RadioactiveSpyder

Looks like a great time Rich! I’m still really peeved I didn’t get to make it over.
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

Wow, looks like it was really fun. Wish I could’ve gone. Does Washington have anything like this? Maybe next year will work better for me.
Greg