New Autonomy 2 owner – basic questions

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Stas

New Autonomy 2 owner – basic questions

Post by Stas »

Just got my first Autonomy 2 and would like to know how to close the blade without putting unnecessary wear on the lock and button. Should I press the button and hold it until the blade is fully closed, or release the button when the blade is 1/3 closed?

With the compression lock, for instance, I keep pressure on it until the blade is fully closed to reduce wear on the detent ball. However, here the button moves up at some point, so if I don't release it a moment earlier, it might deal with pressure from my finger and possibly cause wear on the mechanism, right?

Also, should I apply some oil to the pivot area and possibly other parts before using the knife? Or better leave it to break in?

Thanks!
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
VashHash

Re: New Autonomy 2 owner – basic questions

Post by VashHash »

I usually press the button and once the blade starts to close I release it. I just put oil on the pivot. Mine has been fine for the past 3 and a half years.
Stas

Post by Stas »

VashHash wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:43 am
I usually press the button and once the blade starts to close I release it. I just put oil on the pivot. Mine has been fine for the past 3 and a half years.
Thank you very much!
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
raygixxer89

Post by raygixxer89 »

VashHash wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:43 am
Same here. Mine has been flawlessly dependable all these years.