Manix Modifications. What have you done? What do you want to do?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gimibala

Re: Manix Modifications. What have you done? What do you want to do?

Post by gimibala »

I purchased a set of AWT scales for Manix 2 LW in “sniper green “ color.

I just installed them today and the knife feels very good in my hands. It has a nice grip but they are not that aggressive like the original ones. The edges on AWT are very smooth and for me the ergonomics is way better than the original ones.
Attachments
IMG_3173.jpeg
IMG_3174.jpeg
IMG_3175.jpeg
Wallach

Post by Wallach »

How hard is the scale swap for the Manix 2? The AWT scales I put on my Native 5 LW are the best aftermarket scales I've ever used, so if the Manix 2 LW isn't too much harder I'll definitely grab a set when they get anodized finish options.
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

Wallach wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:19 am
How hard is the scale swap for the Manix 2? The AWT scales I put on my Native 5 LW are the best aftermarket scales I've ever used, so if the Manix 2 LW isn't too much harder I'll definitely grab a set when they get anodized finish options.
Wallach, if you were able to change the scales on Native 5 LW that means it shouldn't be any harder for you to do the same thing with Manix 2.
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Just ordered the Manix 2 Salt and sooner or later the yellow needs to go. Nesides AWT and GOAT (pre-order) what other choices would you recommend to replace lw scales?
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:16 am
Just ordered the Manix 2 Salt and sooner or later the yellow needs to go. Nesides AWT and GOAT (pre-order) what other choices would you recommend to replace lw scales?
Paul,
This was my first Manix 2 modification. I am not familiar with the Original GOAT scales but the AWT seems to fit perfectly for the Manix LW version. Just be careful when doing the swap and pay attention to the "D" shape pivot, AWT scales have very high tolerances, so everything needs to fit perfectly.
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

gimibala wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:50 am
Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:16 am
Paul,
This was my first Manix 2 modification. I am not familiar with the Original GOAT scales but the AWT seems to fit perfectly for the Manix LW version. Just be careful when doing the swap and pay attention to the "D" shape pivot, AWT scales have very high tolerances, so everything needs to fit perfectly.
Appreciate the feedback Gimibala.
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***