Spyderco Southard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: Spyderco Southard

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

She’s a beauty, thanks man 👊
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:36 pm
She’s a beauty, thanks man 👊
Ain't she though!! 😎
👊
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Southard Tolk (all titanium bronze anodized & 3.875" XHP), Spyderco Southard Black (3.46" 204P), Spyderco Southard (custom LSCF scale & overtravel stop) and Spyderco Positron (3" S30V).

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
soulspy

Post by soulspy »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:03 pm
soulspy wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:43 am
This thread is making me want to get out my Southard with the STR clip. Steve was really great guy, one of those people who was just interested in others and available for any kind of conversation. He threw in a little Ti prybar when I got my Southard clip just because he wanted to give me one.
Have you spoken with him since all that went down?
It was shocking to be sure.
Btw, break that Southard out! Would love to see some pics of it. 😎
I was talking about Steve Rice of STR, not Steve Ketchen the knife scammer, just to be clear!

And my Southard is stock except for the STR clip.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

soulspy wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:02 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:03 pm
soulspy wrote:
This thread is making me want to get out my Southard with the STR clip. Steve was really great guy, one of those people who was just interested in others and available for any kind of conversation. He threw in a little Ti prybar when I got my Southard clip just because he wanted to give me one.
Have you spoken with him since all that went down?
It was shocking to be sure.
Btw, break that Southard out! Would love to see some pics of it. 😎
I was talking about Steve Rice of STR, not Steve Ketchen the knife scammer, just to be clear!

And my Southard is stock except for the STR clip.
Gotcha/Understood. Ive never heard of Steve Rice or STR
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:01 pm
Welp fellas, FedEx finally came thru.
This Southard is in excellent shape! She is not LNIB.
But, she is in dynamite condition!
More to come!
Looking good! I've finally tracked one down and waiting for more pictures from the seller. He has a small shop and currently has both the brown and black version. He is asking €440,- for the black one. Even if it is NIB it is a lot of money....
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

soulspy wrote:
I bought a TiPry from STR back in 2010 for $15 or so. I get a lot more use out of my LynchNW prybar these days, but it was really neat (and really affordable) for the time.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.