Spyderco 50th Anniversary Knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mushroom

Re: Spyderco 50th Anniversary Knife?

Post by Mushroom »

It’s a 50th anniversary not a 5th though. Putting a little 5 next to the Spydiehole just flat out wouldn’t read as “50.” It would read as a “5” next to the Spydiehole. There aren’t many, if any, knives that offer enough space next to the Spydiehole to make the “5” large enough to make it read as a “50.”
-Nick :bug-red
razehound

Post by razehound »

sal wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:35 am
That would really be challenging to do in any production setting. Trying to guess how many we would need is not possible.

sal
Exactly. The "on all knives for the year" thing doesn't work. I agree a special alteration of some kind (bug logo, extra logo, engraving) would be awesome, but it can really only go on whatever the actual anniversary knife is.
-razehound :spyder: Spydiechef, Paramilitary 2, Para 3 LW, Salt 2 SE, Spydiechef, Para 3 LW

I'd rather get caught with it than without it...
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

I don’t exactly get why understand why you would need to know how many, I imagined it would just be an extra production step for every model before leaving the factory in the engraving process (perhaps something I’m not understanding). My problem is I just think it’s a bad idea for every knife spyderco makes that year to be a model forever indebted to remind you it’s a knife made in the year of the company’s 50th anniversary, I get it’s special, but idk about that special. I think they should stick to tradition and just make a special sprint run.
:bug-red-white
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:33 pm
It’s a 50th anniversary not a 5th though. Putting a little 5 next to the Spydiehole just flat out wouldn’t read as “50.” It would read as a “5” next to the Spydiehole. There aren’t many, if any, knives that offer enough space next to the Spydiehole to make the “5” large enough to make it read as a “50.”
A laser engraving of the 0 can ring the hole so it reads better.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.