Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2024 Report

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Steveng

Re: Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2024 Report

Post by Steveng »

I am new here, what is involved in getting a "sprint" model? Very interested in a REX-121 blade.
KnOeFz

Post by KnOeFz »

Thanks for the great pics and video's Wouter!
Enjoyed them once again.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Steveng:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Flash

Post by Flash »

Steveng wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:02 pm
I am new here, what is involved in getting a "sprint" model?
Spyderco will release the said sprint run model on a knife retailers website where all the stock is immediately (and I mean within literal seconds) purchased by scalpers.
The knife can then be bought from those scalpers for double the price (or more) than what they paid. Welcome to the world of Spyderco sprint runs. 👍
Wartstein

Re: Video: Charisma – Spyderco Design Production Sample 2024

Post by Wartstein »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:04 pm
[youtube]https://youtu.be/5EWHMqII4Ns[/youtube]

The one single downside of the new forum design (among several clear improvements!) I can see so far:
The vids here don't work anymore.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:50 am
Mr Blonde wrote:

The one single downside of the new forum design (among several clear improvements!) I can see so far:
I'll get on to that!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

Flash wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:42 am
Steveng wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:02 pm
I am new here, what is involved in getting a "sprint" model?
Spyderco will release the said sprint run model on a knife retailers website where all the stock is immediately (and I mean within literal seconds) purchased by scalpers.
The knife can then be bought from those scalpers for double the price (or more) than what they paid. Welcome to the world of Spyderco sprint runs. 👍
Are you referring to an exclusive?

Sprints are slowly rolled out to multiple dealers and then listed at the times and quantities that the dealers determine, with some dealers dumping their entire allotment at once and others doling them out a few at a time. Though they still may sellout quickly at each dealer depending on the model, there are multiple chances to obtain a sprint. A sprint may take weeks to fully disappear.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:31 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:50 am
Mr Blonde wrote:

I'll get on to that!

That would definitely be very kind, though of course it has nothing to do with you that the vids don´t work anymore...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I tried a variety of types of links and the options offered by the new forum software. It seems that the software does offer a few options to embed a youtube clip, however, I get a 'you're not allowed to post media' message. I changed them into regular links for now. Somehow, the Para 3 lightweight video still seems to play embedded, although I've not been able to replicate that with the other videos.
MrGibson

Re: Charisma – Spyderco Design Production Sample 2024

Post by MrGibson »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:12 pm
The Spyderco Charisma was a new design that seemed to want to fly out of my lightbox. This was an impressively thin and lightweight folder. The cutting edge however, is almost as long as the edge found on a Paramilitary 2. The Charisma is thin and light enough to easily carry in a shirt pocket. I did have to practice a bit to find the opening hole, but after a few cycles, opening and closing was very easy. The 3D handle design offered a bit extra grip. Again, and I can’t stress this enough, the Charisma was impressively light and thin. Despite its diminutive dimensions, I didn’t notice any noticeable flex when handling the Charisma.

This is the last of the Spyderco Production Samples I got to shoot and share with you. I’m working on videos of these knives, but they won’t feature any new knives, just more footage…. 😉

Approximate Specifications
Overall Length: 6.73 inch / 171 mm
Blade Length: 3 inch / 76 mm
Blade Thickness: 0.04 inch / 1 mm
Steel: CTS-BD1N
Weight: 0.8 oz / 23 g
Grind: Full-flat
Handle: FRN

I have no information on pricing or release dates.
I’m ready for this in every color they want to make it. I love thin blades and narrow handles. Great looking knife Eric!
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

By the way the finish on the Charisma was similar to the one on the S30V, BD1N, S45VN Para 3. Or Maxamet versions like the N5 LW, Manix, Para 3 and PM2. Kind of light stonewash with semi-high polish :open-grin
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I've gone in and updated the video posts. They should be working for everyone now.

;) Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:44 pm
I've gone in and updated the video posts. They should be working for everyone now.

;) Kristi
That's great, thank you Kristi!
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

Wonderful pictures. Excited for the Charisma, and potentially the CPM-15 M2.

However, is this large imperfection smudge logo(?) thing going to be on the production knives?

It really detracts from the aesthetics, and looks like theres a stain/imperfection on the blade rather then a clearly defined logo or signature.

RamZar

Post by RamZar »

mark greenman wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:13 am

However, is this large imperfection smudge logo(?) thing going to be on the production knives?

It really detracts from the aesthetics, and looks like theres a stain/imperfection on the blade rather then a clearly defined logo or signature.

On most of the 15V BBB ones the BBB logo / signature looks like a smudge but on the MicroJimbo it looks great so hopefully they’ll all turn out nice!

Attachments
image.jpeg
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:48 am
mark greenman wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:13 am

On most of the 15V BBB ones the BBB logo / signature looks like a smudge but on the MicroJimbo it looks great so hopefully they’ll all turn out nice!

It still seems unusually large and undefined; it's larger than the Spyderco Spider, and way more prominent than the Sal or Eric signature, while also being less legible.