Invitation to the 17th Spyderco Meet in Amsterdam

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Invitation to the 17th Spyderco Meet in Amsterdam

Post by Wartstein »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:56 pm
Just about 6 hours before the meet now. Hope everyone attending has a good time!

Can’t wait to hear about how much there is to look forward to and as always very excited to see any photos Mr. Blonde can share with us! :bug-white :party-face

+1
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Just back home from the meet!
And i want to thank Spyderco again for the amazing day! And also amazing was meeting with our friend Ramonade it was so nice to finally see you in real life and chat with you!
Hoping to see you again soon buddy!

I learned allot today and seen many many many Possible future Spydies. The future is bright people! And when the forum is ready Sal will probably tell a few things then are kinda jaw dropping great news but until they mention it officially just know Spyderco is working hard making some amazing knives the forum will be hyped about!
Regretably this year they did not specify the models that we can talk about so until wouter posts his pictures we can not say much besides that we had a blast!
Last edited by apollo on Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Can’t wait for Wouter’s photos this year.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

apollo wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:34 pm
And i want to thank Spyderco again for the amazing day! And also amazing was meeting with our friend Ramonade it was so nice to finally see you in real life and chat with you!

I learned allot today and seen many many many Possible future Spydies. The future is bright people! And when the forum is ready Sal will probably tell a few things then are kinda jaw dropping great news but until they mention it officially just know Spyderco is working hard making some amazing knives the forum will be hyped about!
Regretably this year they did not specify the models that we can talk about so until wouter posts his pictures we can not say much besides that we had a blast!
" The first rule of Amsterdam meet is you do not talk about Amsterdam meet" 🙂
I try to remember that old Fight club quote so I don't accidentally reveal something.
'twas good to see all members, new and old! Oh and Ramonade - I have heard far, far worse English than yours! I really liked your handiwork too! 👍
Cheers all!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I too am looking back on a great Spyderco Amsterdam Meet today, thank you to the spydercrew and all the Spyderco fans for making it a wonderful day. I'll travel to the IWA Show next week and am planning to start posting as soon as I get back!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I wanna thank everyone for their warm welcome (including veteran attendees), it was truely a great experience !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
apollo

Post by apollo »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:47 pm
apollo wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:34 pm

" The first rule of Amsterdam meet is you do not talk about Amsterdam meet" 🙂
I try to remember that old Fight club quote so I don't accidentally reveal something.
'twas good to see all members, new and old! Oh and Ramonade - I have heard far, far worse English than yours! I really liked your handiwork too! 👍
Cheers all!
You can talk about the meet as the event itself. You can just not talk about any of the knives you have seen or any extra info you have heard so Big difference. 🙂
I don’t think for example there is any harm to tell on the forum you had fun and there was allot of nice stuff to see. Because in the end nobody will be any wiser because nice “stuff” doesn’t describe anything. It just gives a positive feeling that the company we all love is still going strong… don’t think there is anything against the rules on saying that. :thinking
mart

Post by mart »

A big shout-out to Eric , Wouter and the Spyderco crew
Thanxx for the great Amsterdam meet.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
max808

Post by max808 »

Thank you everyone for another memorable weekend! Much obliged and much appreciated. Spyderco's generosity is truly exceptional. Looking forward to AM2025! Congratulations to the big winner of the day, you know who you are,
:winking-tongue
I'm willing to trade my mint YoJumbo sprint for its baby brother. Ik pak den oto en rij tot bij u me nog een doos pranilen voor uw vrouw en een goei fles scotch voor u. PM me if you're interested and thank you for a wonderful day. Have a great week y'all!
:respect :bug-red :respect
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Well, at least throw a skinny bone(hint) to the rest of us who didn't have the chance to be there :pleading
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

elena86 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:04 am
Well, at least throw a skinny bone(hint) to the rest of us who didn't have the chance to be there :pleading
Ok, Eric showed knives. Lots of knives! :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

apollo wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:18 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:

You can talk about the meet as the event itself. You can just not talk about any of the knives you have seen or any extra info you have heard so Big difference. 🙂
I don’t think for example there is any harm to tell on the forum you had fun and there was allot of nice stuff to see. Because in the end nobody will be any wiser because nice “stuff” doesn’t describe anything. It just gives a positive feeling that the company we all love is still going strong… don’t think there is anything against the rules on saying that. :thinking
Of course we can talk about the meet itself :) I was referring to the knives shown and my policy to rather say nothing at all about them than risking to reveal something not supposed to be revealed.
apollo

Post by apollo »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:05 am
apollo wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:18 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:

Of course we can talk about the meet itself :) I was referring to the knives shown and my policy to rather say nothing at all about them than risking to reveal something not supposed to be revealed.
Ow i get what you mean there indeed you are right! :smlling-eyes
I do wonder if the same models we have seen will be on the German show for people to see aswel. :thinking
To far for me to ever find out. :zany
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:03 am
elena86 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:04 am
Ok, Eric showed knives. Lots of knives! :)

So magnanimous of you...you are indeed a gracious bloke...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

Thanks Spyderco for another great Amsterdam Meet! Great people, conversations and information.
buferoe

Post by buferoe »

a big thanks to the Spydercrew for yet another great Spyderco meet in Amsterdam.
Lots of nice things came by during Erik's presentation, some of them would look nice in my collection.....:)
Now we wait for the pictures......hope to see you all again next year.

greetz......
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Thank you for the opportunity. Me and my wife enjoyed the experience a lot.
KnOeFz

Post by KnOeFz »

Another thanks for a sweet peek into the kitchen of Spyderco.
Enjoyed the day alot once again.
G_shark

Post by G_shark »

max808 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:11 am
Thank you everyone for another memorable weekend! Much obliged and much appreciated. Spyderco's generosity is truly exceptional. Looking forward to AM2025! Congratulations to the big winner of the day, you know who you are,
I'm willing to trade my mint YoJumbo sprint for its baby brother. Ik pak den oto en rij tot bij u me nog een doos pranilen voor uw vrouw en een goei fles scotch voor u. PM me if you're interested and thank you for a wonderful day. Have a great week y'all!
I just visited your hometown yesterday!
It'll be spring soon and suddenly you'll get your shipping confirmation. Some patience, my friend!

It really is a nice box cutter :winking-tongue
max808

Post by max808 »

G_shark wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:51 pm
max808 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:11 am
I just visited your hometown yesterday!
It'll be spring soon and suddenly you'll get your shipping confirmation. Some patience, my friend!

It really is a nice box cutter :winking-tongue
Jomme tes goe, inviteer me ten iejst op den barbekjoe en kzal ten isj langs de flappentap passeren ver de zekerheid. Drinkte geiren Ardbeg?
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard