Spyderco Black Friday Map Holiday Sales 2023!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Napsterninja

Re: Spyderco Black Friday Map Holiday Sales 2023!

Post by Napsterninja »

Fyi. I previously had two preorders from Knife Center for the Spyderco Paysan. 2021 normal price and 2022 Black Friday sale. Both were fulfilled in 2023 without any cost adjustment.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Poor Jamie at SMKW. It has fallen on her shoulders to fix the problem. Talked to her this morning and reinstated my order at the same BF price. To answer my own question, no, SMKW doesn't keep your CC info. Or, apparently, your address, since I had to give it all over again by phone.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Napsterninja wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:26 am
Fyi. I previously had two preorders from Knife Center for the Spyderco Paysan. 2021 normal price and 2022 Black Friday sale. Both were fulfilled in 2023 without any cost adjustment.

Additionally, you didn’t have to pay for your KnifeCenter preorder in full at the time of the preorder (KC charges the CC just before the order is about to be shipped).
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Crox

Post by Crox »

Just an update on my preorder. Jamie at SMKW returned my call today so that I could reinstate my order for the Manix XL cru-carta. I questioned that my credit card hadn't been credited anything nor had I received an email. I was only aware of the situation because of this thread. She expected the credit on 2/5 and thought maybe it just hadn't posted yet.....

Went to the mailbox 10 minutes later and had a physical check from SMKW for the amount. What a mess....
GonzoRider

Post by GonzoRider »

Crox wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:56 pm
Just an update on my preorder. Jamie at SMKW returned my call today so that I could reinstate my order for the Manix XL cru-carta. I questioned that my credit card hadn't been credited anything nor had I received an email. I was only aware of the situation because of this thread. She expected the credit on 2/5 and thought maybe it just hadn't posted yet.....

Went to the mailbox 10 minutes later and had a physical check from SMKW for the amount. What a mess....
What a mess indeed! Thanks for mentioning the physical check. That would've never occurred to me. I've also yet to receive any kind of refund to my bank. I got an email from Jamie two days ago but she didn't say anything about having to call her. So my response to her was by email. Today I got another email from Carmen at SMKW who said basically the exact same thing as Jamie except she did say to call her. Funny thing is she was emailing about an order# that wasn't even mine :/
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -HST
nosuchagency

Post by nosuchagency »

the order number they referenced is from a separate system; they will know your original order number when you contact them. i got busy today and didn't get a chance to call Carmen back so will try tomorrow. as far as i'm concerned they're making a genuine attempt to correct situation and i'll continue to patronize their business. shaking my head at some of the responses here; especially accounts that didn't even have any skin in game on matter...
GonzoRider

Post by GonzoRider »

nosuchagency wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:05 pm
the order number they referenced is from a separate system; they will know your original order number when you contact them. i got busy today and didn't get a chance to call Carmen back so will try tomorrow. as far as i'm concerned they're making a genuine attempt to correct situation and i'll continue to patronize their business. shaking my head at some of the responses here; especially accounts that didn't even have any skin in game on matter...
I wasn't even really complaining. Just sharing my experience. Which I guess has been a bit of a hassle so maybe I am. Jamie used the correct order# so it seemed odd to me that Carmen used a different one. I'm still getting an amazing deal on a couple of Spydercos and they could've backed out. Do you work there or something?
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -HST
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Bolster wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:14 am
Poor Jamie at SMKW. It has fallen on her shoulders to fix the problem. Talked to her this morning and reinstated my order at the same BF price. To answer my own question, no, SMKW doesn't keep your CC info. Or, apparently, your address, since I had to give it all over again by phone.
I spoke with Jamie just now and she sounded exhausted. No idea what went down at SMKW, but poor Jamie is doing all the heavy lifting. She had my address, but needed the CC again.

And now I'll fade back into the bushes like Homer.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:21 pm
Bolster wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:14 am
Poor Jamie at SMKW.
I spoke with Jamie just now and she sounded exhausted. No idea what went down at SMKW, but poor Jamie is doing all the heavy lifting. She had my address, but needed the CC again.

And now I'll fade back into the bushes like Homer.
I saw you. You can’t hide!
MRj “Weak things break!”
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Smkw Edit: I watched a video were the ceo explaining it was an internal error by a new employee. Pretty big mess up but I suppose we should show them grace. I hope they can make it right for everyone.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Brant

Post by Brant »

I remember SMKW had the new, still unreleased, Magnacut Salt Para 3 on sale but unavailable over the BF weekend. It was $115 or so, unfortunately there was no way to pre order or rain check it for that price! I thought it was odd they’d put a knife on sale that hadn’t been released.
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

BF preorder PM2 Magnasalt arrived from SMKW yesterday. :party-face

Milicarta left to go. :smiling-cheeks