Amazon Japan Damascus Endura

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
riclaw

Amazon Japan Damascus Endura

Post by riclaw »

Hi All,

I want to make sure this Endura is legit because at least one other person ordered after I posted in the Crazy Good Deals thread. This Damascus Endura with titanium scales purchased from Amazon Japan.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SX529QW?ps ... yp_imgToDp

Body screws are T6. Pivot is T8. Pocket clip looks right. Font looks right, but the Damascus makes it hard to photograph. No skeletonizing on the scales. KnifeJoy Endura included for reference.

The box is different; it's written in Japanese. No pouch. There is a clear plastic film, similar to a screen protector on a new phone, protecting the scales.

Thanks for your help,
Richard

- Richard
akapennypincher

Re: Amazon Japan Damascus Endura

Post by akapennypincher »

Think Fake.
Fastidiotus

Post by Fastidiotus »

^Dont listen to that guy.

Looks legit to me. Can't imagine someone taking the time to counterfeit a Damascus blade and titanium handles and getting everything correct. Your box and packaging looks correct for the JDM knives.

Here's a thread to easy your mind.

viewtopic.php?t=81139
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

Hi pincher,

Thanks for your reply. The box kinda threw me off, too.

Hi Fast,

Thanks for providing the link. After handling the knife I was pretty certain is wasn't a fake, but I couldn't explain why the box was different. I figured the label would be written in Japanese but expected to see the same red/black Spyderco box or a spydie-pouch.
- Richard