NFL 2023-2024 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season

Post by MacLaren »

I know, right!
Hey, 4th Quarter Showdown!
Been a defensive Super Bowl 4 sure!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Keep thinking about that blocked PAT......
& Patrick Mahomes! 😆
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Great game though, glad it was a pretty honest and fare game overall.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Congratulations Joe!!
Your livin the dream man!!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Congrats Joe ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
miohin

Post by miohin »

I watch very little NFL (or sports in general), but that definitely was a game worth the time.
Lurker
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I'm going to nominate our good Brother "MUSHROOM" as the official clairvoyant of Spyderville. I've got to be honest. I thought when the Niners nailed that one field goal that their defense would stiffen up and slam the door on Sir Patrick and Co.

I truly think the Chiefs are close to making the "Dynasty" level. If they can nail more defense players in the 2024 draft and keep Chris Jones and L'Jarius Sneed both I think they could make a run to be in the Superbowl next year.

Well I'll say this much for Sir Patrick. He sure had to work his tail off for this one. He was one turnover away from having the worst Monday of his life. Boy Brock Purdy looked like he was crying. But he'll be back too. Both teams really played their butts off.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Joe, the Chiefs are very much a Dynasty my friend.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Is Nick/Mushroom right about all of this?
It seems too plausible, unfortunately.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

miohin wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:56 pm
I watch very little NFL (or sports in general), but that definitely was a game worth the time.
I'm in the same boat. I gave up on watching almost all sports. I watch a few games a year across ALL sports. Too much politics being driven by the leagues. Now ALL of the major leagues are getting involved in banning certain firearms. It never ends.

I played a ton of organized sports, and I even did martial arts, bicycle and motorcycle racing into my 40's.

I watched tonight to see a good game and to see if Taylor Swift got engaged on the field. Seemed like the perfect situation for an engagement but it did not happen. Good close competitive game.

In 2024 I refuse to pay for anything except maybe MotoGP and World Superbike.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Well, the Niners did better than their last Super Bowl making it to OT, but it was the same story, fading out in the second half.

I blame the coaching staff more than the players, but aside from choking in the big game, they had a pretty good year.

Kudos to KC for back to back championships.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Just noticed we didn't hear from our dear friend Austrian Spider this Super Bowl!
Hope he is doing well!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I didn’t watch the game because I knew the ending.

There was no chance the NFL was going to miss out on this.

My only regret is not betting on these games. I would either be very rich right now or I would’ve bet enough to actually affect the outcome of the game itself… If you catch my drift.

Just keep in mind that the 49ers were the betting favorites to win this game. The Chiefs were considered “UNDERDOGS!” :exploding-head

Vegas always wins.
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Welp, I never thought I would see the day that I would actually seriously consider not watching the N.F.L. anymore but, sadly (for me anyways) that day has come.
Not to mention what Nick said but, also the pimping out not only the Thursday Night Game but, now the Playoff Games? Then to add insult to injury, they award that dam convict Myles Garrett DPOY over TJ Watt!!!
That's about enough..... thats just too much to let go... for me anyways.
I dunno maybe I'll suprise myself and actually follow thru on this threat. It's gonna be terribly hard. Been watching this my whole life basically
But, when the League is making more than ever - more money imaginable really especially with the TV deals they get, then wanna jab us for more??
No thanks...or maybe, No Sale! ?
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Well....

1st football game I watched in about 20 years or so. (I didn't care who won)

It was a good game though, very close and went to OT so, unlike the complete blowouts I was used to seeing in the Superbowl. I was not disappointed with the gameplay overall.

That said, I wounder why they went away from the sudden death OT to now both teams get the ball in OT now?

The halftime show was what it was, I will leave that alone. LOL

The commercials, well not as good as in the past overall, but we did see the Budweiser Clydesdales so not all was lost.

For the rest of it, the conspiracy theories and all that mess, well..... :eye-roll
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:03 am
Welp, I never thought I would see the day that I would actually seriously consider not watching the N.F.L. anymore but, sadly (for me anyways) that day has come.
Not to mention what Nick said but, also the pimping out not only the Thursday Night Game but, now the Playoff Games? Then to add insult to injury, they award that dam convict Myles Garrett DPOY over TJ Watt!!!
I dunno maybe I'll suprise myself and actually follow thru on this threat. It's gonna be terribly hard. Been watching this my whole life basically
But, when the League is making more than ever - more money imaginable really especially with the TV deals they get, then wanna jab us for more??
All great points MAC!! And I can't disagree with hardly anything you pointed out. I don't often recommend some of the podcasts I listen to frequently but I most definitely think every NFL fan should watch this one. There is a guy known as Jason Whitlock who used to be a big time sports writer here in KC. And a guy who is still very popular here among the Chief's faithful. And his podcast is getting quite popular.

Mr. Whitlock did a podcast today that I hope some of you will watch. It's on Youtube and I'll give you all the URL.

youtube.com/watch?v=S1j9N9Z0tE&ab_channel=JasonWhitlock

The video is titled "Superbowl LVIII Was A Terrible Football Game". If that URL doesn't work then just go to Jason Whitlock's website where all of his videos are available. The guy is a true common sense guy. Check it out.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thanks Joe. I'll check him out.
Mad Dog (Chris Russo) point blank asked 2 Owners - Clark Hunt (Chiefs) & Arthur Blank (Falcons) about the pay per view games & mentioned the outrage and pure greed - Hunt gave a pretty decent answer, Blank was full of crap and didn't even answer it. So, ya know it's just gonna get worse.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:31 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:03 am
All great points MAC!! And I can't disagree with hardly anything you pointed out. I don't often recommend some of the podcasts I listen to frequently but I most definitely think every NFL fan should watch this one. There is a guy known as Jason Whitlock who used to be a big time sports writer here in KC. And a guy who is still very popular here among the Chief's faithful. And his podcast is getting quite popular.

Mr. Whitlock did a podcast today that I hope some of you will watch. It's on Youtube and I'll give you all the URL.

youtube.com/watch?v=S1j9N9Z0tE&ab_channel=JasonWhitlock

The video is titled "Superbowl LVIII Was A Terrible Football Game". If that URL doesn't work then just go to Jason Whitlock's website where all of his videos are available. The guy is a true common sense guy. Check it out.

I saw it for a few mins and all of it was just 2 guys complaining....

Sounded more like 2 people trying to stay relevant and farm for views and subs to me.

Was pretty pathetic really. :eye-roll
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:20 am
Thanks Joe. I'll check him out.
Mad Dog (Chris Russo) point blank asked 2 Owners - Clark Hunt (Chiefs) & Arthur Blank (Falcons) about the pay per view games & mentioned the outrage and pure greed - Hunt gave a pretty decent answer, Blank was full of crap and didn't even answer it. So, ya know it's just gonna get worse.

One day it will all be pay per view or all major sports events will be on pay TV only, and or PPV.

It's been heading that way for awhile now, been accelerated by the cable cutters so the networks and providers jacked up the prices a lot. (Just like I said they would years ago and was laughed at)

Yes, it will get worse.

People trying to out smart the Corps.... LOL

The Corps will always win in the end so we have only ourselves to blame.

Greed, absolutely, but then that's what CORPS do and their only purpose is to make money for the RIGHT people.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Joe, I'm 12 minutes on to Whitlocks podcast, and I really like it!!
Gambling is a huge part of the problem too.
Lol, and I totally understand their frustration with Shanahan!
Now, as far as that Taylor Swift stuff goes, I pay no attention to it.
And furthermore feel that they shouldn't be talkin about it either. (Just my opinion)
Last edited by MacLaren on Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.