Spyderco Forums now 30,000+ strong!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: Spyderco Forums now 30,000+ strong!

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

apollo wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:57 am
Davy wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:22 pm
Hey Bro! 😊 your post indeed made me laugh!
But you are 100% right, I just checked and I joined the forum in November 2004. I read daily! But indeed do not post very often 😉
Haha i knew i could lure you out. :winking-tongue
If only i could get you hooked on knife photography you’re amazing collection would make many people here jealous. :squinting-tongue
James Y

Post by James Y »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:01 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:06 pm
Sadly I'm sure about 300 of them are active, daily users haha!
Yeah if it's even that many. When I check the Birthday lists every other day I check out many of these people and most of them haven't posted in over 7 to 10 years many of them.

It's one thing to have that many signing up and I'm glad to hear that more people have joined. But you are probably very accurate with the 300 total. Maybe slightly more if you include the periodic lurkers. Also there are so many that are only occasional visitors too.

Joe,

I wonder how many members don't have their birthdays listed. I never listed mine, because...I dunno. Paranoia, perhaps?

🤔

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

Spyderco Forums now 32,111 stronk! Say hello to our newest member Takatanikina everyone. Welcome to SpydieVille!
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
max808

Post by max808 »

Spyderco forums now exactly 33,000 stronk! Everyone play nice and and say hi to our newest member redbeardstools. Welcome aboard!
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Just randomly scrolling through the list most seem inactive or have just 0-1 posts. I’m sure some sign up and just read. Others may just read without signing up. I’m guessing that about 1-2% of all users who’ve signed up are active users who post at least once every couple of months.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Yeah I should probably quit lurking and speak up occasionally, maybe post a picture or two 😉
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

James Y wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:17 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Yeah if it's even that many. When I check the Birthday lists every other day I check out many of these people and most of them haven't posted in over 7 to 10 years many of them.

It's one thing to have that many signing up and I'm glad to hear that more people have joined. But you are probably very accurate with the 300 total. Maybe slightly more if you include the periodic lurkers. Also there are so many that are only occasional visitors too.

Joe,

I wonder how many members don't have their birthdays listed. I never listed mine, because...I dunno. Paranoia, perhaps?

🤔

Jim
I never listed my birthday, but I've given away quite a bit in my posts, username and PMs. If anyone wanted to know who I really am just ask. I'm certainly not hiding out in Naperville, IL.

:smlling-eyes
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

RamZar wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:51 pm
Just randomly scrolling through the list most seem inactive or have just 0-1 posts. I’m sure some sign up and just read. Others may just read without signing up. I’m guessing that about 1-2% of all users who’ve signed up are active users who post at least once every couple of months.
It is indeed allot less busy lately so i know you are correct on that. Kinda miss allot of the folks of the 2004 to 2015 era. There where allot of great members and even one very special lady called Simona (also known as Gunting girl with all here amazing pictures) that are now gone or hardly post anything anymore.

Those were in those days people who talked and talked into the tiny hours of the day when you went offline and got on the next day there where so many new reply's and threads to read it was almost impossible to keep up at times.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

We are as big as a small city.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
James Y

Post by James Y »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:35 pm
James Y wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:17 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Joe,

🤔

Jim
I never listed my birthday, but I've given away quite a bit in my posts, username and PMs. If anyone wanted to know who I really am just ask. I'm certainly not hiding out in Naperville, IL.

:smlling-eyes

I've given away a good amount of info about myself as well. My birthday isn't such a big deal, though. I'll be turning 61 in a few months. It's only a number.

As to the subject of members who are no longer on the forum, it's inevitable. Life changes, interests change, and people change. Speaking for myself, I rarely have anything to say about knives, because I don't have much of anything to contribute on the subject anymore. There's only so much I could say about knives. That's why I mostly post in the Off-Topic forum. I've had a membership on BF since 1998 or so (around the time it started), and have been a member here since 2004, though I was mostly inactive here until 2018 or so.

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

Thank you Jim for your valuable contributions on these forums. You have taught me a lot of good lessons, not only in martial arts history of which you seem to possess encyclopedic knowledge, also in the form of humilility and a healthy mind in a healthy body at a time when my life was chaotic and I was drinking a lot. You are a mentor to me and likely many other people so peace be with you and your loved ones Sir and thank you for leading by example.

Have a great weekend Jim and stay safe out there,
max
James Y

Post by James Y »

max808 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:14 am
Thank you Jim for your valuable contributions on these forums. You have taught me a lot of good lessons, not only in martial arts history of which you seem to possess encyclopedic knowledge, also in the form of humilility and a healthy mind in a healthy body at a time when my life was chaotic and I was drinking a lot. You are a mentor to me and likely many other people so peace be with you and your loved ones Sir and thank you for leading by example.

Have a great weekend Jim and stay safe out there,
max

Thank you, Max. I am truly humbled to know that anything I have posted has been of help to you, or to anybody else. I am truly happy for you! And likewise, best wishes to you and yours.

Jim