Spyderco Models We Need In FULL SE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
T-1000

Re: Spyderco Models We Need In FULL SE

Post by T-1000 »

We need that military 2 SE to drop
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

Drubieg wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:03 pm
Police lw VG10 serrated. It’s Not really justified tho seeing as the k390 version got discontinued
This. I can’t understand why the k390 SE didn’t catch on. It’s in my top two all time spydercos. That long slender blade with the FFG and serrations is just an amazing cutter, zips through everything like butter.
JayHenMac

Post by JayHenMac »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:23 am
Nice choices!

The Endela SE is the best SE knife I personally own.
Also had a Para 3 LW in SE - the model itself is not so much for me, but the serrations were pretty good!

Now concerning the Sage 5: The fact that now they are bringing out a Chaparral in SE could make teeth also for the Sage a bit more likely - ?
And from what I hear about the teeth on the Caribbean SE, "Taichung teeth" should be well done!
I hope so! In my opinion the Sage is the best all-around spydie out there. Carries easily in all kinds of situations. The blade shape is so awesome. The thickness is perfect for what 3 inch knives are made for. The thumb ramp isn't aggressive, the choil is comfortable. There's a reason I have three of them.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I've found another great blade steel for full SE blades. I managed to get another Cruwear C-60 Ayoob with TEETH. With this newest full SE C-60 I do plan on putting it through some demanding use. And I'm here to tell everyone first hand that Cruwear makes a beast of a blade in full SE.

I would love to do a side by side comparison of Cruwear and K390 in full SE. But so far Cruwear is already a top choice of mine in full SE. I would love to see a Military 2 in full SE with Cruwear.
cjk

Post by cjk »

I'd be up for a Schempp small Persian with teeth.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

cjk wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:08 am
I'd be up for a Schempp small Persian with teeth.
Many of Ed Schempp's designs would be excellent in full SE. I've often wondered what one of his Persian models would have been like with TEETH. That design would be super aggressive with TEETH for real. Mr. Schempp has been a superb collaborator for Spyderco and it would be nice to explore the possibility of his designs being offered in full SE.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

dsvirsky wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:02 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:26 pm
dsvirsky wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:26 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:58 am

Yeah that would have been quite interesting. I also wondered why the ARK model wasn't offered with teeth as well????
While the initial release of the ARK was PE only, a fully serrated version was produced (and then discontinued). Outstanding little cutter.
I would most definitely love to see a Serrated version of the ARK model. That would be one interesting hard use blade in SE.

The ARK is one of at least 15 models that Spyderco did in PE only. That would be a very interesting blade in SE.
Still looking for an ARK SE and have been for a minute 👀
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:29 am
Still looking for an ARK SE and have been for a minute 👀
I wish I wouldnt have slept on this and got one when they were available.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JayHenMac

Post by JayHenMac »

So, what is the best way to go about adding serrations to a PE knife? I look at my Sage 5 LW. I would LOVE to own and carry a SE version. I've looked at videos of people who add serrations to knives as they make them. None of what I have found are able to replicate a pattern similar to Spyderco's, and none are something that someone who doesn't have the proper tools could do.

Would Spyderco ever consider offering a service where owners could pay to have serrations added to a knife? I'd gladly pay for that!
JayHenMac

Post by JayHenMac »

I took a risk and sent my Sage 5 off to have serrations added. I love it.
Here are my three wise men:

jdw

Post by jdw »

I think we need a sprint of an SE Stretch 1. I believe that it’s one of the best slicing Spydies that I’ve owned. That SE Sage is a work if art though!
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:44 pm
Would like to try a mule with teeth! Having something like the SPY27 SS in spyderedge would be an ideal test mule.....
I agree! It would also give those of us that are considering getting, or just got one, an SE knife a chance to test them out. Might help promote more sales of SE blades?

I’m wondering how much it costs Spyderco to add the SE to knives? Especially with the harder edge retention steels.
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Rockjumper - VG 10, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

Mules in current use AEB-L and K294
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

VandymanG wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:02 am
legOFwhat? wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:44 pm
Would like to try a mule with teeth! Having something like the SPY27 SS in spyderedge would be an ideal test mule.....
I agree! It would also give those of us that are considering getting, or just got one, an SE knife a chance to test them out. Might help promote more sales of SE blades?

I’m wondering how much it costs Spyderco to add the SE to knives? Especially with the harder edge retention steels.
Right? Perhaps even different se patterns to try even though I think that the pattern, on like the pacific salt2, is perfect. Especially after a few sharpenings.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Kels73

Post by Kels73 »

I'd like to see the Manix 2 LW and Military 2 in full SE.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Kels73 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:02 pm

You´re lucky, the Millie 2 actually does offer (will offer? Don´t know, I am more of a Millie 1 kind of guy) a serrated version, see pic below..

And yes, I still don´t understand why the Manix 2 SE ffg does not have an SE version ... even started a thread about this once viewtopic.php?p=1748541#p1748541

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
cjk

Post by cjk »

dsvirsky wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:25 am
jwbnyc wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:33 am
I’ve been wanting to see some SE in CTS BD1N. Not too picky about the model. Just curious as to why there hasn’t been any, unless I’ve just missed it.
Para 3 LW
There’s also a Native Chief lightweight in serrated BD1N as well as an upcoming lil Native lightweight in serrated BD1N.
Kels73

Post by Kels73 »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:36 pm
Kels73 wrote:

You´re lucky, the Millie 2 actually does offer (will offer? Don´t know, I am more of a Millie 1 kind of guy) a serrated version, see pic below..

And yes, I still don´t understand why the Manix 2 SE ffg does not have an SE version ... even started a thread about this once viewtopic.php?p=1748541#p1748541

Nice! I'm looking forward to it!
Matus

Post by Matus »

I am going to add a sprint run of Worker in CruWear SE and G10. @JD Spydo can you please get this one done? It would be very much appreciated :savouring
Last edited by Matus on Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
JayHenMac

Post by JayHenMac »

Kels73 wrote:
I spent last weekend camping. I was sitting and thinking about what a great camping/backpacking folder would be. I have a fixed blade outdoor knife, it needs a folding companion. I had my SE Magnacut Native 5 and found myself wanting something just a little bigger. A SE Manix 2 LW in Magnacut would make for a great camping/backpacking knife.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JayHenMac wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:39 pm
Kels73 wrote:
...A SE Manix 2 LW in Magnacut would make for a great camping/backpacking knife.

Agreed, and I was so hoping that with the Manix 2 LW Salt finally an ffg SE version would come too...

But that said: The Endela SE could be a nice alternative for you: About the same size (slimmer in pocket, actually), sturdy liners, but almost as light as a Manix 2 LW, a bit more cutting edge, perfect serrations... sure, not a Salt... (which brings us to another knife I'd love to see: Endela Salt... :smirk viewtopic.php?p=1396951#p1396951
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)