MT40P – HIC Mule Team Dropping Soon!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Summit

Re: MT40P – HIC Mule Team Dropping Soon!

Post by Summit »

Officially sold out now, I hope everyone got one for themselves
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, everyone:
We just confirmed that there will be more MT40P made available at a later date (more information to follow). Since they are hand-sharpened here, it's a time-consuming process, and we didn't want to hold up the release any longer. If you'd like, you can contact SFO via email at sfo@spyderco.com and ask to be added to a Bug list. Once more are available, SFO will contact you and let you know. We'll also have more of the MTSH3 sheaths available.

Thank you for your continued interest and support! We look forward to seeing what you do with your HIC Mules!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I got mine this morning before I ran off to work. Had to re-activate my account? Also just as a user interface design suggestion, don't automatically take people to the cart everytime they add something. In a drop like this when the site is under heavy traffic, you have to wait for cart to load when you add the knife, then wait for the continue shopping button to reload page, then page for sheath to load, then cart to load, then continue shopping to load, then page for handles, the cart to load again, then checkout. It wasn't an issue as there were plenty of knives available, but it did take some time (as I was heading out the door for work), and in a drop with less items available, could cost someone an knife if they want to add a sheath and handles. It could be improved. Anyways excited to try this HIC out.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
vanka

Post by vanka »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:17 pm
Just a handful left. Looks like they'll be all gone in a few minutes... All sold in about 4.5 hours. All is a number less than 2000 after QC fallout.
Good to see they pumped around 2000 for this mule and everyone got a chance to get one. In all honesty at 150$ a piece and they sold out for 4.5 hours says a lot. Maybe the interest for the mules is not waning after all.
infinkc

Post by infinkc »

Out of stock now!
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

vanka wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:55 pm
RamZar wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:17 pm
Just a handful left. Looks like they'll be all gone in a few minutes... All sold in about 4.5 hours. All is a number less than 2000 after QC fallout.
Good to see they pumped around 2000 for this mule and everyone got a chance to get one. In all honesty at 150$ a piece and they sold out for 4.5 hours says a lot. Maybe the interest for the mules is not waning after all.
infinkc wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:11 pm
Out of stock now!
Please see my post above. :)
White00

Post by White00 »

I followed the sale through Cart - there were only 500 ceramic Mules and were sold for 4 1/2 hours approx.
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:39 pm
Hey, everyone:
We just confirmed that there will be more MT40P made available at a later date (more information to follow). Since they are hand-sharpened here, it's a time-consuming process, and we didn't want to hold up the release any longer. If you'd like, you can contact SFO via email at sfo@spyderco.com and ask to be added to a Bug list. Once more are available, SFO will contact you and let you know. We'll also have more of the MTSH3 sheaths available.

Thank you for your continued interest and support! We look forward to seeing what you do with your HIC Mules!

Kristi

Hi Kristi,

Thanks for helping facilitate the release of this amazing new material for us to test.

Any chance you can enlighten us on how Spyderco is "hand sharpening" these blades? what types of technique and / or materials have you guys found to work well?

Also, is it possible to give us a rough idea of how many were released in this drop vs how many are left to go?

Regards,
Mike.
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

White00 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:36 pm
I followed the sale through Cart - there were only 500 ceramic Mules and were sold for 4 1/2 hours approx.
Although I don't have an exact number, I do know there were more than 500 available online at 09:00 AM, plus inventory in the store for walk-in customers. As mentioned, there will be more to come.

Kristi
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

FullScaler wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:37 pm
Hi Kristi,

Thanks for helping facilitate the release of this amazing new material for us to test.

Any chance you can enlighten us on how Spyderco is "hand sharpening" these blades? what types of technique and / or materials have you guys found to work well?

Also, is it possible to give us a rough idea of how many were released in this drop vs how many are left to go?

Regards,
Mike.
Hey, Mike:
I can see what I can find out in regards to the factory sharpening. I don't have an exact number, but I'll know more in the coming days.

Thank you for your participation!

Kristi
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:50 pm
White00 wrote:
Although I don't have an exact number, I do know there were more than 500 available online at 09:00 AM, plus inventory in the store for walk-in customers. As mentioned, there will be more to come.

Kristi

Oh! So something <2000 didn't sell, something closer to >500 sold, right?...clarifying, just for keeping track on the Blue Mule List (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=89168&p=1739413#p1739413)
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Good to hear there are more coming! I hope I can get one. I tried this morning, but the internet was super slow, I had forgotten my account info so had to create a new one, and then when I finally got to checkout, I was blocked because I was using a VPN (the only way I can be online at work.)

Oh well!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:53 pm
FullScaler wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:37 pm
Hi Kristi,

Regards,
Mike.
Hey, Mike:
I can see what I can find out in regards to the factory sharpening. I don't have an exact number, but I'll know more in the coming days.

Thank you for your participation!

Kristi
Thanks Kristi. Very interested to hear how you guys are hand sharpening them and to compare with what everyone else will be trying once they get delivered.

White00

Post by White00 »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:50 pm
White00 wrote:

Kristi
Interesting.
For beggining I bought Mule and after that checked number. It was near 9:07-9:08 - there were near 450-460 available.
After the first hour - near of 150 knives were available.
I think, that 150$ price was pretty scary for many guys :)
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Hey, All:

The HIC Mules are sharpened one at a time by one of our most talented and experienced finishers using a 600-grit diamond wheel.

For at-home sharpening, you'll need a diamond or CBN abrasive of at least 600 grit as well. Finer grit (800+) works even better.

Stay safe,

Mike
Araignee

Post by Araignee »

Summit wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:33 pm
Nope. For some reason I thought sales started today...
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Araignee wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:39 am
Summit wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:33 pm
Nope. For some reason I thought sales started today...
More to come

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=96200
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

Michael Janich wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:54 am
Hey, All:

The HIC Mules are sharpened one at a time by one of our most talented and experienced finishers using a 600-grit diamond wheel.

For at-home sharpening, you'll need a diamond or CBN abrasive of at least 600 grit as well. Finer grit (800+) works even better.

Stay safe,

Mike
Thanks Michael,

Is it a hard sintered diamond wheel or a resin bonded foam backed wheel? Like a soft belt over foam?

Mike.

Toker

Post by Toker »

I wonder how well the Wicked Edge 800/1000 stones will work.
Bob.Delp

Post by Bob.Delp »

I ran home from work to place an order only to realize I was an hour early! Doh! Left and came back 15 minutes to release. Cart ready with a set of scales. Five minutes from release, my internet service goes down. Doh! Reset router...no dice. Release + 10 minutes, Plan B used phone connection. Slow connection & tiny screen was stressful, but.....Success!

Bob