Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Erich

Re: Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Post by Erich »

dsvirsky wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:05 pm
Just sent a follow-up email to Dack because the website shows the Stretch 2XL Salt SE back in stock. Conveniently, two days after they wanted to cancel my order due to "an inventory discrepancy." Not accusing Dack of anything, not at this point anyway, but we'll have to see how they respond to my inquiry.
So....Is Dak a fraud? Has anyone successfully received a knife from them?
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

Erich wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:32 am
dsvirsky wrote:
Just sent a follow-up email to Dack because the website shows the Stretch 2XL Salt SE back in stock. Conveniently, two days after they wanted to cancel my order due to "an inventory discrepancy." Not accusing Dack of anything, not at this point anyway, but we'll have to see how they respond to my inquiry.
Sounds/looks like they offered a deal too sweet, sold out of their inventory, and are wanting to cancel any additional orders placed once they realized how far backlogged that they've become on the model due to the order flood that they received? I think perhaps a "While Supplies Last" note should have been added to the listing. It was OoS when I caught wind of the deal, or I would have been in this same boat of confusion and wonder in actually receiving the knife.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

You're probably right. Dack is still offering a good deal on the knife, if you want one, but the current price (shown after it's in your cart) is $20 more than one month ago.
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

Dack doesn’t have inventory, they’re a drop shipper.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I missed the Dack deal a month ago but I just ordered the Stretch 2 XL for about $95. Still the lowest price by a lot.
KapitalG

Post by KapitalG »

Erich wrote:
dsvirsky wrote:
I ordered the SpydieChef for $190 from them last Monday, it shipped Wednesday and arrived yesterday.
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

ekastanis wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:50 am
Dack doesn’t have inventory, they’re a drop shipper.
Article 22. "In Stock Definition" within their own Terms & Conditions states the contrary:

"In Stock Definition

When an item shows as ‘In Stock’ on our website, it means that there is a quantity of at least one item available in either our on-site inventory, through one of our fulfillment partners, or one of our suppliers indicate they have it. By shopping with us or placing an order on the Site, users understand that an In Stock item will either be filled with our on-site inventory, through one of our fulfillment partners, or it will be procured via one of our suppliers as long as there are no inventory discrepancies. You understand that our online inventory may appear as In Stock when such inventory is not in stock due to real-time discrepancies between our online inventory database and our suppliers’ online database."

*For future clarity, this was last updated May 8th, 2023, per current website ammendment statements.

Kind of tells me that they would have stock on-hand, somewhere within their own premises?
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

I sent off a short email to support@dackoutdoors.com asking about my order. I'll let you know what they say.

The bold and highlighted text above is an either/or scenario. Either on-hand or via supplier. It's not a guarantee that merch is on-site and ready to ship.
- Richard
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

riclaw wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:09 pm
I sent off a short email to support@dackoutdoors.com asking about my order. I'll let you know what they say.

The bold and highlighted text above is an either/or scenario. Either on-hand or via supplier. It's not a guarantee that merch is on-site and ready to ship.
That's exactly what I got out of it and am trying to represent in my post; they (Dack) in fact do carry on-hand inventory.

At any rate, Dack doesn't seem assured that they can, or will, process a customer's order, regardless the terms that you as a customer accepted during the point of sale, nor per their own terms, which seem to marry both sides of the same coin at will. Article 24 in their T&C is an interesting read... I think they are a bit "lowdown" on their business practices, but, Shiny Footprints and all, my business will not be made with through them as a company.
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

weeping minora wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:38 pm
(Dack) in fact do carry on-hand inventory.
I stand corrected, they actually do have a storefront. And I found a photo on Google of their Spyderco inventory

olditguy

Post by olditguy »

I just received a "Your order is now processing" email from Dack. My order was place 1/4/24.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Dack says my order is now processing, so fingers crossed. :bug-red
z1r

Post by z1r »

Erich wrote:
dsvirsky wrote:
I have bought from them several times without issue. That said, I've had plenty of vendors over the years cancel an order because their inventory said something was available when it wasn't.
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

olditguy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:34 pm
I just received a "Your order is now processing" email from Dack. My order was place 1/4/24.
Same, except my order was placed 1/5/24. FWIW, I'm still content. They said it could take awhile.

Message text:
"Thank you again for your business - we just wanted to let you know that your order is now processing via one of our fulfillment partners. In short, this means that one of our suppliers will be shipping your order directly to you.

While this does not indicate that your order has already shipped, it does mean that we've entered all of your items into our order queue to get everything started! Your order will remain in this status until it ships. At that time, you'll receive an automated email with tracking details."
- Richard
kriezek

Post by kriezek »

I got Crazy GREAT Deals from Dack on a Techno 2 and SpydieChef during that sale they had. Both of those knives were on sale for less than $200 each and I received them within 10 days of ordering. I have made other orders from them in the past that took longer to deliver.

Due to the low prices, I am willing to buy from them when they have great deals or I have put off getting some knives that they have in stock at good prices. I can usually wait. Everyone is different and should do what they feel comfortable with doing. But really low prices don't come from normal businesses either, so I figure they have some type of way of cutting costs in order to make a profit and still pass along savings.
Top 5 6 - Stretch, Delica 4, Mantra 3, Smock, PM2, Techno 2
olditguy

Post by olditguy »

olditguy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:34 pm
Just received a shipping email from Dack.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

maybe we need a separate thread for dack, since this thread has been overrun with nothing but dack posts? people hoping to find good deals probably don't want to see every single person's experience with a single vendor when this thread rises to the top.

i'm not trying to be rude or be the forum police. it's just a suggestion after coming here over and over only to see these types of posts instead of deals.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
olywa

Post by olywa »

Agreed
kriezek

Post by kriezek »

Dack has some, okay, jk.

DLTtrading has the Pattadese for $130 right now plus a sale on various Smock scales and a few other Spyderco knives (Byrds, Tenacious, couple of Delicas). But the Pattadese caught my eye for those in the market.
Top 5 6 - Stretch, Delica 4, Mantra 3, Smock, PM2, Techno 2
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

That special deal SMKW had a few months back turned out to be not so good. My pre-order was refunded (yes, I was charged)a couple of days ago. I assume it’s because the knife couldn’t be shipped before the yearly price increases. Dack is far from the only retailer canceling orders. The only order Dack canceled on me was a difficult to find non-knife item and I have received all my knife orders from them. YMMV and patience is a requirement when ordering from Dack.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001