Did the no safety CG Autonomy ever come with a pocket clip?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
SpydieTightyWhiteys

Did the no safety CG Autonomy ever come with a pocket clip?

Post by SpydieTightyWhiteys »

I have a chance to buy what is claimed to be a Coast Guard autonomy. Seller claims it was one of the knives that BladeHQ accidentally sold and tried to have buyers send back. It indeed has no safety, but it does have a silver wire pocket clip. The box has the civilian designation as well, missing the CG at the end of the serial number. So i'm just wondering if the ones BladeHQ shipped ever came with a wire clip and if they arrived missing the CG designation. The seller could of added the clip after the fact but he did not state that. Any info would be appreciated and i apologize if this was answered before. This is my first post and i did try searching this forum as well as google and couldn't find a straight answer. Thank you for time!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1705434498683.jpg
FB_IMG_1705434502429.jpg
FB_IMG_1705434479035.jpg
FB_IMG_1705434494351.jpg
Michael Janich

Re: Did the no safety CG Autonomy ever come with a pocket clip?

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear SpydieTightyWhiteys:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
jhatha

Post by jhatha »

SpydieTightyWhiteys wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:21 pm
I have a chance to buy what is claimed to be a Coast Guard autonomy. Seller claims it was one of the knives that BladeHQ accidentally sold and tried to have buyers send back. It indeed has no safety, but it does have a silver wire pocket clip. The box has the civilian designation as well, missing the CG at the end of the serial number. So i'm just wondering if the ones BladeHQ shipped ever came with a wire clip and if they arrived missing the CG designation. The seller could of added the clip after the fact but he did not state that. Any info would be appreciated and i apologize if this was answered before. This is my first post and i did try searching this forum as well as google and couldn't find a straight answer. Thank you for time!
I have that same knife, same box, same bar code without the clip. Spyderco wrote me a letter wanting it back saying it was manufactured for Coast Guard use. I did not return the knife. Even thought the clip is missing, there are slots with screw on both sides. I received this one on 01/28/2016.....would not see for less than $350.00. Very strong spring.
jhatha

Post by jhatha »

What price are they asking for the the Autonomy? Jim Hathaway
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

The Coast Guard Autonomy has machined recesses to allow the mounting of a wire clip, but does not include a clip. Either the previous owner added one or a clip was mistakenly attached as an exception to our policy.

Jim, there are no sales on the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike