Boker special editions.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Boker special editions.

Post by apollo »

I was wondering does anyone here have any experience with the Boker’s special editions like the damascus ones made from WW2 Tanks ?
They are rather expensive for being Boker’s and since those are one of the few boker’s still made in Germany i wonder if they’re fit and finish are holding up to they’re pricetag ?
Manixguy@1994

Re: Boker special editions.

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:17 pm
I was wondering does anyone here have any experience with the Boker’s special editions like the damascus ones made from WW2 Tanks ?
They are rather expensive for being Boker’s and since those are one of the few boker’s still made in Germany i wonder if they’re fit and finish are holding up to they’re pricetag ?
I can’t say myself since most Boker knives are not lefty friendly . I do remember some knives that the steel made into Damascus was from the sister ship of the Bismarck . Blade Forum may be a source of information if you have the model name and do a search ? I think you may be correct about tanks . Dan
Last edited by Manixguy@1994 on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

If I were Boker, I would advertise those knives anywhere that WW II history is being discussed. Magazines, books, videos, etc.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Apollo I think you may be referring to a Damascus that was developed using steel from tank barrels . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:22 am
Apollo I think you may be referring to a Damascus that was developed using steel from tank barrels . Dan
Yes indeed. 1 is made with damascus steel made from the M4 sherman. Another is made in magnacut en has a backspacer made from the same damascus. And a third one is apperently made from the steel of a destroyed Tiger 1 tank.

But i was thinking the steeljunkies down here may have bought one of these because of the history behind them. I could imagine the sherman is popular in the US especially for steeljunkies with military interests.