A jungle weekend with the Samos..

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

SAMO!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
Great to see ya doin' the good work Samo......but I have to ask is M. feeding you???? You look so thin! Oy, I'm so worried about youse! Maybe a little chicken soup with matzohs ta put some flesh back on yer bones!!! :D Lookin' good! You is da svelte dude's dude now!! :) Great to see M shares your diversions and good heart (plus she packs a mean Spydie - how's it holding up to the exotic jungle juices??)

Kinetics are awesome. Where did you find that particular model??

I'll slide you an e-mail and bring you up to date but I've moved to Vegas to see if I can draw you and the Missus here for that burger and beer :D

Deacon

Nightstar makes a couple with new Starcore LEDs and the works are all plainly visible. They use magnetic switches as well and when you get two in close proximity they turn each other on and off!! :cool: The works are all sealed in one lexan/polycarbonate tube with the magnetic circuit switch inside and a glow in the dark activating magnet (mechanical switch) on the outside. The sealed tube makes the Nightstar CS waterproof to 160 ft and the Nightstar to 2200 ft! (I've GOT to take these puppies on a night dive!!!) There are magnets in each end of the tube that keep the generating magnet from smacking the ends. The generating magnet slides smoothly up and down the tube while a tightly wound coil cuts the magnetic lines of force inducing a charge that is stored in the storage capacitor for use.

Initial charging takes about 3 minutes off shaking but watch where and how you shake it so people don't report you as a pervert :eek: Both lights put out a fair flood beam that lasts a good 20 minutes plus and a few seconds of shaking bring them back well. The light has the normal blue cast to it. I don't use it for spot but rely on my Twintask or Surefire 6P for really lighting things up. I'm delighted with the performance of both for camping and around the house emergencies.

Nightstar

Get em on e-bay for the best prices......

j
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

SAMO!!
Great to see ya doin' the good work Samo......but I have to ask is M. feeding you???? You look so thin! Oy, I'm so worried about youse! Maybe a little chicken soup with matzohs ta put some flesh back on yer bones!!! Lookin' good! You is da svelte dude's dude now!! Great to see M shares your diversions and good heart (plus she packs a mean Spydie - how's it holding up to the exotic jungle juices??)
Hey Java! :D :spyder: :D How's it going brother? Been a hectic year for the Samos as you can see - we've done a bit of travelling into the interiors of Peninsular Malaysia.. Vegas? Hey, sounds like a good place to visit.. Please shoot me an email so that I could update yer contact info! And thanks for the kind words man.. :cool:

Sam
speedz

Post by speedz »

Samo,
Great report man! You're doing a noble thing by raising awareness for the them.