Gaston Glock dies at 94

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RamZar

Gaston Glock dies at 94

Post by RamZar »

Designer of the iconic polymer frame Glock 17 (9mm) which was patented in 1981.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
MacLaren

Re: Gaston Glock dies at 94

Post by MacLaren »

Yessir, I saw that today.
Talk about a firearms Giant. Gaston Glock really changed the world of pistols.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

He invented neither plastic nor striker-fired handguns, yet he's the guy who convinced us all that it's the way to go... not unlike a Thomas Edison or Henry Ford.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

There’s a very good book about Glock.

This NPR interview with Paul Barrett in January 2012 features a lot of highlights from the “Glock: The Rise of America's Gun” book by Paul Barrett.

https://www.npr.org/2012/01/24/14564047 ... -of-choice
Last edited by RamZar on Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

This is sad news for the gun world.

I guess that hot chick he married will get everything.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Gaston’s new trophy wife Kathrin is 50 years younger than him. It’ll be interesting to see how the empire gets divided. He had two children with his first wife Helga and one with his second wife. I remember Helga sued Gaston after they divorced for $500 million. Before marrying his new wife he had fired the old wife and the children.

Gaston was always a recluse and his lakeside estate in Velden Am Wörthersee, Austria (very near the borders of Slovenia and Italy) was “surrounded by a team of guards, attorneys, and servants”.

RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

That October 2014 lawsuit by Gaston’s former wife Helga was dismissed by a Federal judge in 2017.

“A federal judge in Atlanta has dismissed a lawsuit accusing the founder of the company that makes Glock pistols of conspiring to steal millions from his ex-wife. More than 350 pages long, the suit initially filed by Helga Glock in October 2014 included salacious allegations and drew unflattering comparisons between Gaston Glock and Shakespeare's King Lear.”

https://news.yahoo.com/news/judge-dismi ... 25756.html
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

RamZar wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:29 am

That October 2014 lawsuit by Gaston’s former wife Helga was dismissed by a Federal judge in 2017.

“A federal judge in Atlanta has dismissed a lawsuit accusing the founder of the company that makes Glock pistols of conspiring to steal millions from his ex-wife. More than 350 pages long, the suit initially filed by Helga Glock in October 2014 included salacious allegations and drew unflattering comparisons between Gaston Glock and Shakespeare's King Lear.”

https://news.yahoo.com/news/judge-dismi ... 25756.html
I didn't catch that part. However, he traded her in for a new model fifty years younger than himself. He wasn't a perfect man, like some on the internet want to make him out to be. He was just a man.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

First off 94 is good run, Second Gaston was IMHO Genius, wish his Glock 19 was a choice of Duty Forearm when I was Law Dog.

Gaston left legacy few can duplicate in firearm world.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”